Author Topic: Hikvision IP Camera  (Read 297860 times)

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
Re: Hikvision IP Camera
« Reply #1100 on: December 09, 2015, 07:42:02 PM »
Netview is back in stock on Amazon for $103.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline SpartanWX

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1101 on: December 10, 2015, 09:41:02 AM »
Has anyone had any luck using the server in this camera to upload via FTP directly to wunderground?  I appear to have the FTP portion setup correctly and the "test" is successful, but wunderground doesn't appear to be getting anything or doing anything with it.  It's been setup for a couple of weeks now.

Any advice that doesn't involve running a standalone computer?

Offline capeweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.capeweather.com
« Reply #1102 on: December 10, 2015, 10:26:35 AM »
Good to know Ryan. Thanks for the update!

Netview is back in stock on Amazon for $103.

Chris
Cape Coral, Florida

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #1103 on: December 10, 2015, 05:27:03 PM »
If you buy this camera from Netview on Amazon you are not without a warranty. Netview puts a paper in with the camera that tell you how to get product assistance and warranty coverage.

Thought folks might want to know this.

Joe
https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Offline MackerelSky

• Contributor
    • McKean County Weather, Smethport Pa.
« Reply #1104 on: December 11, 2015, 07:43:33 PM »
Ok Ryan, we're going to take your thread at least one more post.

After reading the entire thread and knowing I wanted a step up from the camera I had, I pulled the trigger and have it installed. The thread was very informative as to what to watch for with knock-offs etc. and when a couple of the places that folks had ordered from were out of stock, I did the google thing for 'DS-2CD2032-I US Version' and frankly, didn't come up with too many or they were out of stock again. But I went with this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262135649118

$129.19 with free shipping and a 2 year warranty on anything they sell, so they say. It was the colored box and written instructions in English, shipped from Irvine, Ca.
Even tho the BL-C140A from Panasonic is a POE camera, I had read that it was 'proprietary' and didn't conform to 802.3af standards. Again from info gleaned from the thread I ordered the POE injector.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PS9E5I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Both were ordered late on Friday the 4th and I had the camera this past Monday the 7th and the injector on Tuesday the 8th, while over the weekend I donwloaded and had a look at SADP tool from Hiki...

When I got home Tuesday evening after reading thru everything I connected the camera/injector to my router and the tool identified it right away and I set it to the IP address showing up on the router. Logged in thru IE on a wireless laptop and surprise, the login screen popped up. Then I had a play filming the cats and dogs in the house as there wasn't enough daylight left to climb the ladder, take one down/put one up.

Made it a point to get to work early Wednesday morning, get things done and get home. First step on the ladder was 1pm after disconnecting the power to the Panasonic. Took it down and had the new one mounted in about 30 minutes. Tested it again on the laptop, got it pretty much level and then it was time to see if I can get IPTimelapse to grab it and do it's thing.

@Mike sebeclake from your post Reply #672 on: April 11, 2015 I tried the http version of what you posted rtsp://username:password@IPADDRESS:554/Streaming/Channels/1/picture to try and connect to the new camera.

http//IPADDRESS/streaming/channels/1/picture and it worked the first time. I'm using IPTimelapse Ver. 2.59007 dated April 05, 2014 and they have been dancing nicely the last couple of days. Just wanted to let you know that I didn't need the rts protocol.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who's contributed to this conversation.

I'm attaching a pic from before I installed the new camera

and the new one taken from today. Both pics were around noon

With the old camera, I could never get the clouds to show definition, it was always just white or dark. So that is already a plus. I'm running at basically the 'out of the box' settings so any advice how to tweak the camera and the pic would be appreciated.

You can view a current pic and the last week of videos(about two minutes each) at http://mckeanweather.com/mwwebcam.php
We don't do any filming at night as it's pretty dark and I don't think I'll be adding a stream either.

Oh, and thanks to El Niño for not having our customary 1 to 3' of snow on the ground this time of year...

Again, thanks to all...

Brad

Mckean County Weather
Located on upper Marvin Creek
https://mckeanweather.com/
Davis VP2 + fars
Cumulus 1.9.4-b1092

Offline SpartanWX

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1105 on: December 11, 2015, 11:01:30 PM »
Has anyone had any luck using the server in this camera to upload via FTP directly to wunderground?  I appear to have the FTP portion setup correctly and the "test" is successful, but wunderground doesn't appear to be getting anything or doing anything with it.  It's been setup for a couple of weeks now.

Any advice that doesn't involve running a standalone computer?
So I could have sworn someone replied to this and mentioned checking the file size, other stuff I forgot, etc.

Long story short, I can't find a way to configure the size of the snapshot.  There is an "Enable Timing Snapshot" item under storage,  but it doesn't seem to be doing anything when enabled.

I've setup a local FTP for the camera to talk to which it successfully communicates with when I press test, but it otherwise isn't talking.

Perhaps it needs storage for any of this to work *shrug*

Offline SpartanWX

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1106 on: December 11, 2015, 11:53:39 PM »
Soooooo...

Some additional futzing around in the settings has allowed me to get the camera to feed a steady stream of snapshots to the FTP of my choosing (first my local FTP, but now WU's).  And holy $hi+ I've gotten it working!
http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMIEASTL10

The key was to give it a "schedule" of when to take the timing snapshots.  Hik's default schedule appears to be never.  So enabling the timing snapshots in and of itself does nothing.  I had to give a daily schedule of 24/7 to get it to start spitting out pictures.

I also found that in order to keep the images under 150k per WU's requirement, I had to set the quality to medium (yields about 140kb/per).

So there you have it folks.  The camera can FTP pictures without having to use a computer and software as an intermediary which is pretty cool!  (and maybe everyone knew this but I'm tickled to have gotten it working as this was a pretty big goal.)

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #1107 on: December 12, 2015, 01:42:41 AM »
Looks good Brad.  =D>

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline Ian.

• Forecaster
    • Chatteris Weather
« Reply #1108 on: December 12, 2015, 03:02:13 AM »
I've checked and I'm on the good list for a Christmas present and ordered a Hikvision camera to replace my Olympus camera after reading this thread and seeing the amazing results you guys have got, thanks or sharing your experiences.

Can't wait to have a play!

CWOP - DW3371
PWS - ICAMBRID16
https://www.chatteris.biz

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #1109 on: December 12, 2015, 04:00:57 AM »
Soooooo...

Some additional futzing around in the settings has allowed me to get the camera to feed a steady stream of snapshots to the FTP of my choosing (first my local FTP, but now WU's).  And holy $hi+ I've gotten it working!
http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMIEASTL10

The key was to give it a "schedule" of when to take the timing snapshots.  Hik's default schedule appears to be never.  So enabling the timing snapshots in and of itself does nothing.  I had to give a daily schedule of 24/7 to get it to start spitting out pictures.

I also found that in order to keep the images under 150k per WU's requirement, I had to set the quality to medium (yields about 140kb/per).

So there you have it folks.  The camera can FTP pictures without having to use a computer and software as an intermediary which is pretty cool!  (and maybe everyone knew this but I'm tickled to have gotten it working as this was a pretty big goal.)

Glad someone figured it out. Thanks for the information, sure it will be helpful knowing the builtin server does work.
Randy

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1110 on: December 12, 2015, 04:55:51 AM »
SpartanWX I got the Hikvision FTP server working also. I set my timer at 300,000 milliseconds 5 minutes. 10,000 is awful fast 10 seconds and going to use a lot of bandwidth.
Randy

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #1111 on: December 12, 2015, 06:49:56 AM »
Quite the difference Brad. Great looking picture. Why no pictures at night?
The Hiki takes great night pictures.

Hopefully this weekend I'll get #2 installed here.
Tony

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #1112 on: December 12, 2015, 11:43:50 AM »
Thanks SpartanWX for finding and sharing the FTP setup =D> 

Rather than a new file name each FTP is there a way to rename to a fixed name so it does not build a huge amount of files?  I haven't found anything in the Hikvision Configuration on this.  My Hikvision setup has the low setting at 204kb, medium at 264kb and high at 412kb which are all above that WU 150kb. 

I have my WU webcams set to use the http link rather than FTP but neither way is very reliable.  My #1 is a Logitech/Yawcam http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/PaulMy/1/show.html and this file is about 85kb.
I have this week added my Hikvision/WebcamXP as a new webcam http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/PaulMy/2/show.html and this file is 620kb and is being accepted (but for how long?).

If I can get Hikvision to FTP as a fixed name then I could use that for WU http link and be closer to the 150kb.

Paul.

Offline SpartanWX

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1113 on: December 12, 2015, 12:47:38 PM »
SpartanWX I got the Hikvision FTP server working also. I set my timer at 300,000 milliseconds 5 minutes. 10,000 is awful fast 10 seconds and going to use a lot of bandwidth.
I have bandwidth in the spades... but I agree, no sense in wasting it.  The 10 seconds was really just to see how quickly WU would update the picture.  They state 5 minutes I believe.  But there's no harm in dreaming =)

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1114 on: December 12, 2015, 01:06:21 PM »
Paul I think the FTP already has a fixed name, I believe  #-o it would overwrite itself if going to your server. Now WU does its own thing, renames to current and stores files for historic reference and video.
Randy

Offline SpartanWX

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1115 on: December 12, 2015, 01:13:38 PM »
Paul I think the FTP already has a fixed name, I believe  #-o it would overwrite itself if going to your server. Now WU does its own thing, renames to current and stores files for historic reference and video.
Hik names the files 192.168.1.64_01_20151211233949662_TIMING.jpg with the string of numbers changing to reflect the date, time, sequence of the pictures.

I don't see any way to change that unfortunately. 

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1116 on: December 12, 2015, 01:19:42 PM »
I have bandwidth in the spades... but I agree, no sense in wasting it.  The 10 seconds was really just to see how quickly WU would update the picture.  They state 5 minutes I believe.  But there's no harm in dreaming =)

I was thinking more of WU getting pissed for using their bandwidth, they already have issues.
The medium at 1920x1080 does just get under the 150k very nice. Thanks again for trouble shooting and figuring out this very oddly written software. So many times people have asked how to upload images to website. Now we have  solutions besides 3rd party software. It really should have its own thread, finding it buried here will be difficult.
Randy

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1117 on: December 12, 2015, 01:22:38 PM »
Hik names the files 192.168.1.64_01_20151211233949662_TIMING.jpg with the string of numbers changing to reflect the date, time, sequence of the pictures.

I don't see any way to change that unfortunately.

That sucks but shouldn't matter going to WU its their problem, but would if ftp to personal website server. You would need to remember to delete files occasionally.
Randy

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #1118 on: December 12, 2015, 01:36:13 PM »
Hi Randy,
I am not yet using the Hikvision to FTP to WU, just to my webserver.  I was planning to continue with the http link method for WU image and then also to use that same image elsewhere on my site or links for other webcam sites.

Using the configuration settings [Storage] Enable Timing Snapshot as described by SpartanWX my files are uploaded as the IPAddress and date/time filename, such as 192.168.0.99_01_201512121219xxxxx.  I presume the _01_ part of the filename is the camera number as detected by the Hikvision set up.

In the configuration settings [Network] [FTP] I have Parent Directory as Custom pictures and Child Directory as Custom hv and that is where the FTPd IP_date_time files are uploaded such as  /pictures/hv/192.168.0.99_1_201512121219xxxxx.jpg.  I would like it to be /pictures/hv/cam_2.jpg

If I can get that to work then I can stop using WebcamXP.

Paul

edit: Randy, I took too long to post and see that there have been some posts in the meantime...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 01:39:14 PM by PaulMy »

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1119 on: December 12, 2015, 02:38:44 PM »
Paul wonder if someone here knows how to make a server side script or task that would automatically delete older images on server. Maybe just ask in post. I would like to get rid of 3rd party software also, and use the cameras server. 
Randy

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #1120 on: December 13, 2015, 11:53:02 AM »
Got the back cam switched over to Hiki #2. Still need to adjust the view. It's looking west so you'll see
snow coming from that direction, plus the deer are out there around 5pm snacking on apples along the woods.

www.cnyweather.com/backcam7.php

New view vs. old view with the DLink.
Tony

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #1121 on: December 13, 2015, 12:26:01 PM »
My new Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I 4MP arrives today. I probably wont be able to do much with it today its supposed to rain all day and Ill be watching football. I am looking forward to a much higher resolution camera for my backyard replacing my Panasonic  WV-SW175. Just saw CNYWeather walking his dogs past his camera as I typed this.
Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #1122 on: December 13, 2015, 12:27:59 PM »
I was wondering if anyone would see that.  I should have waved lol
Tony

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #1123 on: December 13, 2015, 01:01:10 PM »
My new Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I 4MP arrives today. I probably wont be able to do much with it today its supposed to rain all day and Ill be watching football. I am looking forward to a much higher resolution camera for my backyard replacing my Panasonic  WV-SW175. Just saw CNYWeather walking his dogs past his camera as I typed this.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1124 on: December 22, 2015, 07:32:57 AM »
There is a new version out.
The new version: 2032-I is the older model. It is fully aluminum with a standard wire. The 2032F-I has a SD card slot, The front of the 2032F-I is made of plastic. The 2032F-I also has a larger box on the cable.

This sounds like the camera Capeweather may have received and sent back.
Randy