Poll

Software for WMR 200

WMR200
2 (66.7%)
Oregon WMR200
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: New to Oregon Scientific WMR200 Weather Station  (Read 13469 times)

Offline Solly

New to Oregon Scientific WMR200 Weather Station
« on: April 17, 2012, 12:31:05 PM »
Am a South African farmer ,farming in the Western Cape Province about 90 miles from the most southern tip of Africa

Bought myself a Oregon Scientific WMR200 weather station,happy with it and the rainfall measurement is spot on,very important for a crop farmer

Bought it on the internet and there is no back up service to talk about,always learn the most of a product on forums like this

I am looking for software that is recommendable with this weather station to link it to my PC and is simple to use,would like a program that I could use to read my weather station on the farm with a smart phone from an other location,when I am not at home and would like to know what the weather is like on the farm

Own an Black Berry 9780 phone that I would like to use,got Windows XP on my desktop and Windows 7 on my Laptop

Thanks
Solly

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: New to Oregon Scientific WMR200 Weather Station
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 03:10:04 PM »
connect your weather station to your computer and install WUHU (it's free).  Start an account with weatherunderground (it's free) and you can see what your station is reading anywhere you go (that you can connect to the internet, that is).

That is a cheap, quick, and easy to accomplish what you are wanting.   \:D/

Good luck!

Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Solly

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 02:38:40 AM »
Thanks for the response,open an account weatherunderground,but get the following message to link my weather station to the site
Help please
Solly

Station ID   Location   Source Link   Active
IWESTERN137   Tevrede Farm, Riviersonderend, WESTERN CAPE, SOUTH AFRICA   N/A   No   Edit   Sticker   Delete
IWESTERN137 Status Message: No message. — Edit
Authorization Code in Station ID: We think you are using your site authorization code as your station ID in your weather station software. You should copy the above Station ID and paste it into your software.
Confirm Errors For This Station
Note: If you are moving your station more than a few blocks from it's current location, you should sign up for a new station ID instead of editing your station information under the existing ID.

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 06:05:12 AM »
Thanks for the response,open an account weatherunderground,but get the following message to link my weather station to the site
Help please
Solly

That's a new one to me.  The ID and password are case sensitive and they're really picky about it.  I'd send them an email and ask them to explain.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Solly

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 12:23:02 AM »
Thanks slow modem,had my WUHU installed and registered at weatherunderground, were making progress when my console lost its signal

Reset all the sensors ,took batteries out and reset and do the same at the console display
Weather station are only 2 months old

Were can I start looking for the problem

Thanks
Solly

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 09:18:05 AM »
When you do a "reset" on a sensor you have 5 minutes to have the console do a "search" by pressing the Temp button (for instance) on screen and then pressing the MEM and Ch buttons together for a few seconds until you get a beep that tells you it is in "search" mode. Icons on the console with flash for about 5 minutes while it "searches" for new sensors and registers them to the console.

Offline Solly

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 11:36:09 PM »
Sunday morning over here,had some rain last night and was eager to see how much and everything was working after a 4 day strike
Will try to get it online today
Thanks
Solly

Offline Solly

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 06:31:04 AM »
Once you have a Station ID and password you need to type them into your weather station software. The password for each of your stations is the password you use to log in to our site.

Were can a find the page to enter my password and station ID on my weather station software.
Got Oregeon Weather 1.1.36,only display and settings and no place to enter password and ID
Cannot connect my weather station to weather underground

Thanks
Solly

Offline kalmar

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 01:38:59 PM »
I use another software to upload to weatherunderground, name is Weater Station Data Logger, its free also. It has been working fine for me since july 2011. Download and install, start server and check Tools > Settings and set to the  units you are used to. Go through all the tabs and specially the Upload tab, here you give in your station-Id and password for Weather Underground. Then just connect your station and you have your data on Wunderground.  \:D/

Link to WSDL software: http://wmrx00.sourceforge.net/

Offline Solly

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 04:25:23 AM »
Thanks Kalmar use your advice and are up and running
Greetings
Solly

Offline Sailingskip

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 07:07:11 AM »
Hi. My first post. Location  SE England.  Also new to OS WMR200 (installed for 1 month) after using Lacross WS360 for years until the touch screen failed and the wind data became unreliable. Thought I was upgrading but the only improvement is that the sensors are wireless. hardware is good except the humidity sensor reads 98% all the time apart from around 10am to 6pm! Not particularly impressed with any other aspect of the kit. The manual leaves a lot of information out - like having to connect the battery in the solar panel - but at least the help desk replies to emails even if the English is sometimes a bit of a challenge.  The included software makes me grid my teeth! Would like to be able to see at a glance what the lowest and highest outside temperature reading in during the 24hr day has been as was displayed on the WS360 but can't see how. Any other users had different experiences with the kit?
WMR200

Offline slacsteve

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 11:27:38 AM »
I have an OS WMR88A and am using Weather Display successfully although ther is a learning curve and it is only free to try. But it gives all you need on one screen - at a glance.

Here is my use of it so far: www.flypcc.org/camera/PCC-Field.htm

It has great history plots for up to a year. Also great web cam movies.

Check out weather-watch.com and weather-display.com.

anything