Author Topic: Positive Customer Service Exchanges  (Read 1143 times)

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Positive Customer Service Exchanges
« on: May 16, 2019, 10:48:32 AM »
I made two warranty claims this week via email. I received an email requesting additional information within two hours of submitting each claim. All I had to do was replied with the additional information and each claim was resolved on the same day they were made. Nothing but two prompt and positive exchanges with customer service. Can’t ask for anything better than that!

Warranty Claims:
  • Made a warranty claim for an Access on Monday. They provided a shipping label to return the bad Access and shipped a new replacement on Tuesday. Package is arriving on Friday. No cost to me.
  • Made a warranty claim for false lightning detection for an Atlas on Wednesday. They provided a shipping label to shipped the Atlas in for repair. Waiting on the repair and return of the Atlas. No cost to me.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline jwoodard80

Re: Positive Customer Service Exchanges
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 04:59:52 PM »
Just wish I would have seen this before I bought my WS-2000....

3 months in my rain gauge went out and quit measuring data, couple days it came back. 6 months in it went out again and, in the process of troubleshooting it, I realized the display has horizontal lines from the screen going out. I waited on hold more than 10 minutes by my phone duration timer and was told to file an RMA online. I found out then that I would have to pay to send it back..... Fedex ground was cheapest at $35!! So I paid $285 and now having to pay another $35 just to get it replaced or repaired.

When I emailed them my concerns I was brushed off as this was their policy and had been for years. Had I known this, I would not have bought it at all. I realize now it is posted to their website, however, who goes looking at return policies when they buy an item? Most people have trust in the product that it will work.

Having read your review, I'll be buying Accurite next time.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 02:54:52 PM »
Just a heads up for everyone . If you have a Atlas before you put it up write down the 4 digit number from  the  inside of  the  battery door because if you need to do a replacement or repair AcuRite will need the QC number from there .  I'm having problems with my UV sensor and after AcuRite looked in to it they agreed mine  was very low . Before a replacement sensor can be sent out I had to take down my Atlas and find that number . I to have had no problems using there E-Mail support that I started on the support page . 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 03:20:31 PM by Mabcmb »

Offline jwoodard80

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 03:34:27 PM »
How long have you had it and are you paying shipping at all???

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 04:10:15 PM »
How long have you had it and are you paying shipping at all???

May 9th from Amazon and no shipping .

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 12:14:17 PM »
I made two warranty claims this week via email. I received an email requesting additional information within two hours of submitting each claim. All I had to do was replied with the additional information and each claim was resolved on the same day they were made. Nothing but two prompt and positive exchanges with customer service. Can’t ask for anything better than that!

Warranty Claims:
  • Made a warranty claim for an Access on Monday. They provided a shipping label to return the bad Access and shipped a new replacement on Tuesday. Package is arriving on Friday. No cost to me.
  • Made a warranty claim for false lightning detection for an Atlas on Wednesday. They provided a shipping label to shipped the Atlas in for repair. Waiting on the repair and return of the Atlas. No cost to me.

What was wrong with your Access? Mine is malfunctioning and they refuse to honor their warranty.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 12:43:49 PM »

Warranty Claims:

What was wrong with your Access? Mine is malfunctioning and they refuse to honor their warranty.

Well your Access warranty was refused because they probably believe that the ghost rainfall anomaly you are experiencing is either something their engineers are still looking into to determine the cause, or they know the cause and it can be corrected with a future firmware update. Or maybe they have identified a manufacturing problem and they don't have newer replacement stock available in the supply chain yet....as it would be pointless to just replace the Access for another one that suffers from the same possible design problem.

Lastly if you are a dissatisfied customer and just want your money back you should look at the buyer protections and benefits that your credit card company offers. If you didn't use a credit card with these protections then may this serve as a tip for your next purchase. Different credit cards offer different benefits...if you have good credit you can qualify and get these protections for free on any purchase. Things like 90 days accidental protection or buyer satisfaction, added year of of warranty...etc.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 02:34:37 PM »

Warranty Claims:

The battery backup wasn't working.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 02:51:09 PM »

Well your Access warranty was refused because they probably believe that the ghost rainfall anomaly you are experiencing is either something their engineers are still looking into to determine the cause, or they know the cause and it can be corrected with a future firmware update. Or maybe they have identified a manufacturing problem and they don't have newer replacement stock available in the supply chain yet....as it would be pointless to just replace the Access for another one that suffers from the same possible design problem.

Lastly if you are a dissatisfied customer and just want your money back you should look at the buyer protections and benefits that your credit card company offers. If you didn't use a credit card with these protections then may this serve as a tip for your next purchase. Different credit cards offer different benefits...if you have good credit you can qualify and get these protections for free on any purchase. Things like 90 days accidental protection or buyer satisfaction, added year of of warranty...etc.

Here is what Acurite knows about the erroneous rainfall data being generated via the Access:

.."Unfortunately, we are not replacing the Access for erroneous data being recorded, as it could be from the access, the sensor or an issue with the sire itself."...

and some more info from customer service:

Do you have an estimate of how long until you figure out what is going on with the erroneous rainfall data and the intermittent signal strength?
"I, unfortunately, do not."

Can you tell me how widespread this erroneous rainfall data is with the Access?
"I do not know the Specificl But I have had a few cases come in with the same issue, We have sent each case for review"

So Acurite says they do not know the cause of the problem, that it could in fact be a malfunctioning Access, and that they have no idea how or when they will resolve the issue with customers who are having these problems.

BTW, now my Access is constantly losing signal strength for no reason. Nothing has changed in my setup. The Acurite 6058 color display works perfectly and records rainfall perfectly.

I don't think it would be pointless for Acurite to replace my Access for a new one as this would at least confirm or refute the cause of the problem. And since they seem to claim that they don't know what the problem is and that the problem may in fact be a faulty unit, they should willingly send a new Access under warranty.

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 07:08:44 PM »
My guess is they feel a hardware replacement isn’t going to fix the problem and they don’t want to just be handing out replacements until they identify the problem and have a fix for it.

It sucks for you! They should send out replacements if it’s only a small number of people complaining about it, just for the customer goodwill and to prove they’re trying to find a solution to solve it.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Lighty269

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 09:00:18 PM »
I gave up on Acurite, they treated me wrong. I am very happy with Ambient and Ecowitt, I now have 17 stations online and I am planing on switching another 174 offices to Ecowitt.

Acurite burned me once, so I can say good bye!

Offline jwoodard80

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2019, 09:31:12 PM »
Wait till after the 30 or so days. Then you start paying $30+ to send it in like I did.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 12:14:36 PM »
Update   So Acurite sent me a new UV sensor and my problems got worst . My UV readings where still way off and my fan seemed to stop working . I E-mailed Acurite again and they checked it out and I have a entire new unit on the way from them . They E-mailed my a return label so I packed up my old unit and probably somewhere around KC they should pass in the night . The only problem I have had so far is not with Acurite but with FedEx smartpost . They are the slowest shipping I have ever dealt with !!

The UV sensor comes already installed in the top piece you don't get just a sensor but the entire top of the unit if you order a new  UV sensor .

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 12:18:00 PM by Mabcmb »