Author Topic: HP 2000 Weather Station  (Read 1395 times)

Offline abhin

• Hi
HP 2000 Weather Station
« on: January 13, 2020, 09:50:37 PM »
Hello

I want to ask about my weather station misole HP 2000, I just bought it last week and I still haven't configured what transceiver do they use. I couldn't find any information at wxforum nor from my weather station(manual book) itself, and I really want to know if its possible to calibrate the data so I can get the optimal output just by connecting the board(from weather station) that connected to arduino with wires?

My purpose is that I really want to catch data from weather station into my web server via arduino uno using GSM shield via wireless, really appreciate you guys if could help me..   :grin:

thank you,
Abhin

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
Re: HP 2000 Weather Station
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 09:15:03 AM »
OK, this looks very much like a WS2900 series Weather station (WS2902)
I don't think you will have much luck if you are trying to hardwire the sensor array into an Arduino system.

The simple route for what you are trying to do is to purchase a Ecowitt GW1000 (Froggit DP1500)
This small device will receive the weather data from your sensor array and allow you to transmit it to a web server of your choice. Alternatively you may run other weather server software such as Weather Display or CumulusMX and these can query the GW1000 for the data and populate their databases.
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 11:32:15 AM »
From looking at the attached pictures that is the prior generation sensor array. It lis like the Fine Offset HP1000, Ambient WS-1002-WiFi which Ambient finally lists as discontinued. Sometimes depending on vendor it was called HP2000. Now we haven't seen the display and it is possible to have the WS-2902A display with that sensor array with the correct firmware so it could be like the Fine Offset WH2950. The WH2950 is like a hybrid older generation sensor array with newer WS-2902A style display console. Okay well none of this really matters as it is the sensor array that is the focus. And for that matter it is definitely not current generation stuff. We do have a unique name for that old sensor array...that is the WH24 (and yes it is compatible with the GW1000).

Now that we have established what it is, I agree with Mandrake that getting the Ecowitt GW1000 (with matching frequency; 433, 868, or 915 MHz) would probably be the simplest method. You don't want to strap an Arduino directly to the sensors. Because then you need to worry about weather proofing that attachment and then getting data from it (wired or wireless). It would be like reinventing the wheel. The sensor array already transmits. If you want to pick up the data then use the gateway console GW1000 or build an SDR. But I'm not sure how simple SDR would be on Arduino. Probably a better task for Raspberry Pi to do SDR. Or keep is simple and just get the GW1000 and then run some weather software on a Raspberry Pi like Cumulus, Weather-Display, or WeeWx....or add a Meteobridge paired up with the GW1000.

If the focus is to build a DIY Arduino based weather station as a fun project, then I would have gotten separate sensors and not complete station. That way you can learn micro programming with direct sensors attached. There are plenty of examples of how to do this and which sensors to use and even sample code. There are even kits that are sold this way. I see these more as a learning tool than a way to build a reliable weather station.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 11:37:35 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline abhin

• Hi
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 02:56:48 AM »
Thank you for all the answers, it was very helpful. And im really sorry for the late reply

My goal in asking this question is actually to make a suitable receiver, so that it can later be developed with other tools. I did not buy the display monitor etc just WH24 outdoor sensor with the hope that I could learn to calibrate and also make this tool entirely on my own..

I am now stuck in the problem of what sensors are used in this tool. I have read about humidity and temperature compatible with SHT30 / 31 on this link (https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=32189.0) , but for the rest of the sensor parts(unit) I still don't know. if any of you know the sensor will be very helpful to me.. Thanks again

Best Regards,
Abhin

anything