Author Topic: Identifying Sensors When Adding in AcuRite App  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Michaelmantis

Identifying Sensors When Adding in AcuRite App
« on: March 09, 2019, 11:45:22 PM »
Just found this forum and read through pages and pages of posts, lots of great info here and just registered and am looking for some help.

I have had a 5-in-1 for years that died, and just replaced it with a new Atlas and my second Access hub.

I have close to 10 sensors (a mix of indoor sensors with the displays as well as the outdoor sensors) and trying to make sense of adding/assigning these devices to the Access is boggling my mind. Having two Access hubs makes it even harder.

You can not tell which sensor is which and when you have 10 “available sensors” you have no way of knowing what device you are adding. Granted it does differentiate between a 5-in-1 vs Atlas vs Temp sensor but it needs to differentiate between individual devices in those categories.

I’ve tried to take batteries out, reset hubs, in hopes of adding one sensor at a time but that just doesn’t seem to work. I always end up with so many “available” sensors that you can’t tell them apart.

If only the MyAcurite app put new sensors at the top or identified new sensors in some way. The app itself has to have some type of identifier for each sensor (otherwise how would it keep track!)

Apologies for the rant and the long first post, I’m just at a loss for where to go from here and the Chaney support team hasn’t reached out to me in days.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Identifying Sensors When Adding in AcuRite App
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 12:24:11 AM »
Just found this forum and read through pages and pages of posts, lots of great info here and just registered and am looking for some help.

I have had a 5-in-1 for years that died, and just replaced it with a new Atlas and my second Access hub.

I have close to 10 sensors (a mix of indoor sensors with the displays as well as the outdoor sensors) and trying to make sense of adding/assigning these devices to the Access is boggling my mind. Having two Access hubs makes it even harder.

You can not tell which sensor is which and when you have 10 “available sensors” you have no way of knowing what device you are adding. Granted it does differentiate between a 5-in-1 vs Atlas vs Temp sensor but it needs to differentiate between individual devices in those categories.

I’ve tried to take batteries out, reset hubs, in hopes of adding one sensor at a time but that just doesn’t seem to work. I always end up with so many “available” sensors that you can’t tell them apart.

If only the MyAcurite app put new sensors at the top or identified new sensors in some way. The app itself has to have some type of identifier for each sensor (otherwise how would it keep track!)

Apologies for the rant and the long first post, I’m just at a loss for where to go from here and the Chaney support team hasn’t reached out to me in days.

Yes, this situation is bad.  It's also hard to explain how you might get around it, and even then it takes forever.

I think what you may need to do is power up only one sensor at a time, register it to one or the other Access, then powering that sensor down and move on to the next sensor.  Repeat until all sensors have been registered.

After you have registered all sensors, then you can power everything up.

The really bad part is that you may need to wait 5 minutes or so for each sensor to report and show up on myAcurite before it can be registered.  Maybe longer.

If myAcurite displayed each sensor ID number, it would make things a lot easier.

Sorry I don't have any easy method.   :-(

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 10:07:21 AM »
Trying to identify 10 sensors does suck! I took the batteries out of all the sensors and did them one at a time.

After removing the sensor batteries and waiting 5 minutes, I then bought up the Access splash page and clicked on the “Save and Restart” button. This reset my sensor list found by the Access. I then waited another 5 minutes and went to MyAcurite and added the sensor. Add batteries to the next senor and waited for it to show up on MyAcurite, and add it.

To bring up the Access splash page you need to know the IP address of your Access on your network. Then use that IP address in a brower. Similar to this: http://192.168.1.243/

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Michaelmantis

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 11:20:08 AM »
Thank you! I was missing how to clear the sensor history from the Access itself!

Logged into the Access web page and was able to do this in a bit more of a logical fashion. Not sure the "average user" would be able to do this but then again the "average user" would not have as many sensors as I do.

Thanks so much!

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 09:27:43 AM »
Has there been another way to add a sensor when you have many of them? I have two Accesses and need to add my 14th but really dread it. This method looks very doable but was wondering if an official method was released?
Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

anything