Author Topic: VP2 batteries  (Read 505 times)

Offline scaler

VP2 batteries
« on: December 15, 2018, 06:00:50 PM »
Hello,
I have a new Davis VP2 wireless up and running last week. I also installed the Meteobridge NANO to get online.
I plug the VP2 into a 110 volt wall plug.During the winter we might lose power a couple times at our house for up to 6-12 hours. My question is if I install the 3 C alkaline batteries in the Davis will these batteries keep the VP2 Console with the Meteobridge NANO operating for 6-12 hours? The light in the Console is off.
Thanks in advance for any comments or help.
Phil

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: VP2 batteries
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 08:25:11 PM »
You may get 6-12 hours depending on the age/quality of the batteries but would be marginal. WLIP drawing 100ma can expect 2 days from C cells, Nano is up to 300ma @ 5V so wouldn't be relying on that much more than 12 hours?   

Offline clweb

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 08:02:18 AM »
The manual says 9 months. I do occasionnaly disconnect the AC power supply for a few days to let the batteries discharge a bit.
For 6 to 12 hours power outage you should have no problem with new batteries.

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 09:01:10 AM »
The manual says 9 months.

Not for power-hungry loggers like the IP logger or Nano it doesn't. Check again for the IP logger - the Davis estimate is 1-2 days.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

anything