Author Topic: Meteobridge stops reporting around the same time frame everyday **solved**  (Read 686 times)

Offline sdavis

Okay here's the situation:

I have 2 Davis weather station both using Meteobridge. The station I am having an issue with is KTXGLENR3.

THE ISSUE: Every night between 6:30-7:30pm (on average) the station stops recording data and doesn't start again until 7:30-8:30am (on average).

BACKGROUND INFO: This station use to be on meteohub and we recently switched it to meteobridge(when this problem started happening). We ordered the MB preloaded and configured. I can't find a pattern with the times other than it happens at night until the next morning. I have also looked at the settings multiple times. The other MB (KTXGLENR11) does not have this issue.

I would greatly appreciate any help!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 05:40:33 PM by docbee »

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Meteobridge stops reporting around the same time frame everyday
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 04:21:17 PM »
So is it not recording data or is there no data to record? How is the MB reading the data from the stations? Sounds like a station power issue, supercap type issue, backup battery etc

Offline sdavis

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 04:36:45 PM »
There's data to record it's just not recording(see attachment). The Weather Station and console are hooked up to the MB, the MB is directly plugged into 1 of our network switches. We don't use batteries because it is directly plugged into a power source. Is it possible that it could still be a supercap issue? (I'm not to familiar on the topic).

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 06:10:08 PM »
Supercap
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 06:56:41 PM »
There's data to record it's just not recording(see attachment). The Weather Station and console are hooked up to the MB, the MB is directly plugged into 1 of our network switches. We don't use batteries because it is directly plugged into a power source. Is it possible that it could still be a supercap issue? (I'm not to familiar on the topic).

It's the power to your ISS, uses a Supercap as well as a 3V Lithium battery as backup, once the sun stops shining it basically stops and as the backup battery is also probably dead there is no external data, sunshine in the morning is enough to fire it back up again. To confirm replace the ISS 3V Lithium battery and it should run day&night until the battery runs down, if the superap (as charged by the solar panel) is dead then the ISS will run down the backup battery in time hence shutdown overnight 

anything