Author Topic: Raspberry Pi - weewx not properly starting at power on or reboot  (Read 5798 times)

Offline Mitch W4OA

I am setting up a system to leave at a remote location, which will be unattended. The hardware is an Ambient WS-1000 and observerIP, running weewx on a Raspberry Pi. The weewx driver is the observerIP driver, January version. I can't get the April version of the driver to install.

[Update I finally got the April 13, 2015 driver installed, but still have the same problem with weewx starting properly at boot or reboot.]

[Update 2 - Went to the Google group referenced below, found the solution to the RPi weewx startup problem - put a 30 second delay at the beginning of the /etc/init.d/weewx script. I tested the solution on the RPi Zero and the RPi 2, worked on both.]

I am having a problem with weewx not starting at power on or if the RPi reboots. I am attaching screen shots of the log from a Raspberry PI Zero, although I have the exact same problem running the same SD card on a Model B or a Pi 2.

The first screen shot shows the log output at power on or reboot. The subsequent screen shots show stopping weewx and then restarting. You can see the differences. I continue to show the log output through reporting to CWOP and PWS. (I am letting the observerIP box report to WU so if there is a reboot, I am still reporting to WU.) My guess is that the failure to start on power on or reboot is a driver problem.

The last two screen shots show the processor load at idle and during report generation and the ftp upload. Note that these screen shots are all using a $5 Raspberry Pi Zero as the computer, which is remarkable. Its telling about the IOT when the case and WIFI adapter each cost more than the computer.  :(

I will be making a post on the Raspberry Pi forum showing power consumption with the RPi Zero using a WIFI adapter, which is LESS THAN A WATT!

Mitch, W4OA
Opelika, AL
KALOPELI3

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 11:24:06 AM by Mitch W4OA »

Offline gjr80

Re: Raspberry Pi - weewx not properly starting at power on or reboot
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 10:12:22 PM »
Hi,

You might get better mileage on the weewx user forum over at Google groups: http://groups.google.com/group/weewx-user

Gary

Offline Mitch W4OA

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 10:30:41 PM »

Will do!

Thanks,
Mitch W4OA

Hi,

You might get better mileage on the weewx user forum over at Google groups: http://groups.google.com/group/weewx-user

Gary

Offline Mitch W4OA

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 01:14:31 AM »

Went to the Google group you referenced, found the solution to the RPi weewx startup problem - put a 30 second delay at the beginning of the /etc/init.d/weewx script. I tested the solution on the RPi Zero and the RPi 2, worked on both.

Thanks!
..._._

Will do!

Thanks,
Mitch W4OA

Hi,

Gary