Weather Station Hardware > Other Weather Station Hardware

New sensor/shield for weather station

(1/6) > >>

djwiktor:

Hello all , I am new here, I was observing this forum longer time, and I would like to ask for maybe a help.

I am having my quite old weather station running for few years already and the sensors have been already few times exchanged or repaired, thus I am planning a new station on higher level. 
Till now I was using a logger from Campbell and RS485 temperature sensor, because I needed to measure on a more distant location, but I had not power there.  These were quite reliable, but after years they tend to have a big drift and/or offset. So what I was planning was to keep the logger itself, but exchange the peripherals.

I am already browsing web few weeks, and found out few sensors from Rotronic and Vaisala which could pass and meet my requirements for measurement stability for longterm measuring. But the pricing is really a deal :(

Anyhow, I have also found sensors from company Barani, like this MeteoTemp  which seems to be based on parameters shown quite good with a good price ( I found probably their distributor or eshop or what, but what for me is interesting, they offer a bundle of radiation shield and sensor for a reasonable price). 

Do you guys have any experience with this company ?  I have listed out the patent for their radiation shield MeteoShield and it looks to me as a possible way to go.

Thank you in advance for any comments.

mauro63:
Hi, I'm Mauro from Italy
Next week I will receive a Meteoshield, I will test with Sensorpush compared to my davis vp2 standard and another ten plates Davis screen with another sensorpush
If you are interested I will make a first review regarding unboxing, design choices, detailed images, accessories etc
in next weeks I will post the result of comparision

sorry for my english ;(
bye
Mauro

djwiktor:
Hello Mauro,

thanks for posting.  I will wait for your review :)
And your English looks fine :)

Bushman:
Meteoshield looks neat - but Euro 330??  Ouch.

djwiktor:
Official price I have got from Barani, is 200€ for MeteoShield.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version