Author Topic: Hello from Old Beach in Virginia Beach, VA  (Read 1196 times)

Offline VABchMike

• Weather From the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach, VA
  • Greeting from Old Beach!
    • Old Beach
Hello from Old Beach in Virginia Beach, VA
« on: April 24, 2017, 12:17:34 PM »
Greetings from the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach, VA.  The weather station is a Acu-Rite 5-IN-1 Pro with a HD Color Display, lightning detector and smart hub to connect to the internet.  My elevation is only 11 feet above sea level, the weather station elevation is 20 feet high. It's a new station for me, I replaced an old Davis Weather Wizard III.  Online reporting is a new adventure for me.  Guess it ties into another one of my hobbies Amateur Radio, been a ham since the mid 70s.  My call is W4OCO.

Mike

Link to my station

https://www.wunderground.com/us/va/virginia-beach/zmw:23451.1.99999?MR=1

Living the Good Life!

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Hello from Old Beach in Virginia Beach, VA
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 12:20:55 PM »
Hi Mike and welcome!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 12:38:30 PM »
Hi Mike, and welcome from Komoka, Canada.  Sounds like you have some long time experience with pws, and uploading and sharing you data makes it even more rewarding.  I am not, but there are lots of hams here...

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 12:54:06 PM »
Hi Mike and welcome from another ham. Enjoy yourself here and do join-in on the conversations! There is a lot of talent and knowledge on this forum as well as quite a few hams. Someplace on this forum there is a ham introduction thread where you can introduce yourself as a ham. Can't find it at the moment but someone else may know where it is.

-73- W3DRM
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline kmahler

• Contributor
    • KO4JY WX
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 05:08:06 PM »
Greetings from the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach, VA.  The weather station is a Acu-Rite 5-IN-1 Pro with a HD Color Display, lightning detector and smart hub to connect to the internet.  My elevation is only 11 feet above sea level, the weather station elevation is 20 feet high. It's a new station for me, I replaced an old Davis Weather Wizard III.  Online reporting is a new adventure for me.  Guess it ties into another one of my hobbies Amateur Radio, been a ham since the mid 70s.  My call is W4OCO.

Mike

Link to my station

https://www.wunderground.com/us/va/virginia-beach/zmw:23451.1.99999?MR=1

Hey Mike, de KO4JY from just across the river in Newport News. Welcome. I'll add your station to my iPhone app for when I'm heading over the HRBT.

Kevin
Kevin Mahler
Skywarn Storm Spotter, AKQ3785
CWOP AV286
73 de KO4JY