Author Topic: Wundermap options and trials and tribulations  (Read 604 times)

Offline westhillman

Wundermap options and trials and tribulations
« on: October 30, 2018, 06:47:18 PM »
Doing a search on Google for Wundermap brings up three different maps. There is what we might call the headline option, the one which is about 50% covered in ads or blank spaces, then there is the Preview option which currently is showing only a blank page. Finally there is the Interactive map which Google Maps is currently showing as 'for development use only'. Also the site graph option on this map only works intermittently.  Surely even a trainee bunch of developers could do better than this !

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
Re: Wundermap options and trials and tribulations
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 07:35:31 PM »
Trying the search,  not finding 3 distinct different maps. (but I did not try really hard)  Got the usual one, and one that looked like an old school forum that would not load, and one that had google maps with the developer water mark because in the past few months any app that uses google maps has been messing up bc google has gotten real propitiatory about the map wanting people to pay for it. 

You got links for the 3 you see?

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 08:25:50 PM »
I found the third, it's the Live map like we used to have, but with a google map that is being shown as for "development".

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 08:31:02 PM »
I found the third, it's the Live map like we used to have, but with a google map that is being shown as for "development".
That "development" watermark is showing up all over the internet lately for websites and apps that have used google maps for years.   Apparently google wants to add on fees to the user to use their maps.  My Exercise Training app just started doing this for my GPS plots (Sport Tracks) and I have seen it in various other places too.  Kinda frustrating.  I heard you can go and give google your credit card and if you do not load the maps but xx number of times per month you are not charged.    I passed. 

anything