Author Topic: Old Weather Statements Not Being Purged  (Read 1806 times)

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Old Weather Statements Not Being Purged
« on: April 08, 2009, 09:21:10 PM »
Anyone else having trouble with old weather statements that have expired still being downloaded and displayed?

I have noticed that I am still getting a Winter Weather Statement that should have expired at 2am today. It also shows up on the Wunderground page for my station. NWS has not issued any others and my scripts for retrieval directly from the NWS do not show such a creature :)

Just curious as to whether anyone else was getting this behavior .

Thanks!

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

jwyman

Re: Old Weather Statements Not Being Purged
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 09:52:38 PM »
Wayne,
  I HIGHLY recommend that you convert over to the advisory script that Ken True (saratoga-weather.org) has on his page.
You can modify it to you heart's content and it updates rapidly. Works great!

Jim

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 12:27:58 AM »
Wayne,
  I HIGHLY recommend that you convert over to the advisory script that Ken True (saratoga-weather.org) has on his page.
You can modify it to you heart's content and it updates rapidly. Works great!

Jim

You took the words right out of my mouth Jim :)
Seriously I have planned on doing that maybe this weekend if all goes well.

I don't know whats going on with WU's current operations but it seems to be on their page as well as downloaded by VWS.
I may have to convert a little quicker than I had planned if this don't change :)

Thanks for the help!

Wayne

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 10:47:30 PM »
I sent support a email this morning before heading in to work at 8:00 am. I checked my mail around 9 or so and they had replied with a nice note stating they would take care of the problem as soon as possible...and they did just that!

This is the first actual dealing with their support folks since they rolled out their ticket system and I have to say they did handle it in a timely manner.
Just as a precaution...
I have already set up other scripts for advisories and have them working but just not added to my main page as yet.. Maybe better do that quick tomorrows shaping up to be an active day south of me :)

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217

anything