Author Topic: Weird Readings on Startup  (Read 638 times)

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
Weird Readings on Startup
« on: June 14, 2014, 09:12:40 AM »
Hi everyone, I have had a Weatherwise 1090 weather station for awhile that I now have online. However, when I restart my computer every few days and restart cumulus, I'm getting one run of VERY weird readings. This morning, I had a temperature of -125F and a dew point of -12875! After 2 minutes, it's fine, but it makes my graphs online look all screwy. Is this a sign that the station is running low on batteries, or a more significant problem?
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Weird Readings on Startup
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 05:26:11 PM »
Can't comment or help on whether low batteries or more significant problem but the Spike removal settings in Cumulus Configuration may be helpful for ignoring abnormal data.

Paul

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 05:30:44 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion Paul! Where in the settings do I edit this?
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 05:55:19 PM »
Spike removal is in Configuration, Calibration.  Check the Help on the bottom right.
The "Spike removal" section allows you to specify the maximum differences between successive readings that you wish to allow, mainly for Fine Offset and La Crosse stations. If a reading differs from the previous reading by the value you specify, or more, then it will be ignored.
  Since the Spike removal is based on successive readings it may not help with restart issues if the first read is bad.

Also make sure you have the correct Station Type selected in Station settings.  I understand that selecting the "Fine Offset with UV/Light Sensor" if your station does not have those sensors may cause a problem.

Paul