Author Topic: Pressure problem with CWOP but working fine in new MBYW. Please help  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
Ok ever since I updated to new acurite platform CWOP says I have a broken Barometer which is nonsence and i have failed the check list. Ok the issue here is everything is ok on MESOWEST,WU and new MBYW but on CWOP its really off.

Check this out!

Here is the message I get now which Ive never had.

The standard deviation of your readings is higher than expected. This can be caused by a broken sensor that always reports the same value. It can be caused by a faulty sensor that sometimes reports values way out of range (such as 0). Check that your sensor is operating correctly.

My data also has stopped being sent to PWSWeather for what reason I have no idea.

http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/ADRIANWX23.html

Here you can see my pressure I working fine on WU and MESOWest

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KFLMIAMI273

http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_table_mesodyn.cgi?stn=E8834&unit=0&time=LOCAL&year1=&month1=&day1=0&hour1=00&hours=24&past=0&order=1

So whats the deal with CWOP and my pressure all of sudden? http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/E8834

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Pressure problem with CWOP but working fine in new MBYW. Please help
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 10:06:13 PM »
One important piece of information we need to know is how you have your SmartHUB set up with regards to pressure (you probably said it before but I don't remember).

Do you have myAcurite set to "adjusted" or "station" pressure?

Off the top of my head, "station" pressure is probably your best option, then let meteobridge make the adjustments for the other services.  The only downside to this set up is that your myAcurite desktop will show the lower station pressure.

The original bridge firmware gave the pressure to the meteobridge as 13 raw baro parameters, so I'd expect meteobridge should be expecting station pressure anyway.

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 10:48:53 PM »
Yea it's been on adjusted for ever. Trying to figure out why Iam I getting those messages from CWOP. Also PWSweather my data isn't showing even though on Meteobridge it says it's connected.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 11:07:06 PM »
Yea it's been on adjusted for ever. Trying to figure out why Iam I getting those messages from CWOP. Also PWSweather my data isn't showing even though on Meteobridge it says it's connected.

Then that might be your problem.  The meteobridge is probably expecting "station", not "adjusted" pressure.

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 11:09:58 PM »

Then that might be your problem.  The meteobridge is probably expecting "station", not "adjusted" pressure.

Actually sorry its been on adjusted not station. Should I put on station?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 11:24:12 PM »

Actually sorry its been on adjusted not station. Should I put on station?

Yes.  I'm pretty sure that's what meteobridge is expecting. 

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 11:01:09 AM »
When I put STATION it raises my pressure on WU. When its on ADJUSTED its normal.

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 11:09:03 AM »
How do you send your data to WU, via Meteobridge?

Based on how I understaand it, MB automatically expects that you give it raw data from the station, i.e. the station pressure. Based on that it performs the conversion. So if you sent it adjusted values, then it applied the adjustment again, which is why you saw the incorrect values.

Now the question is how you update WU, if via MB, it should be ok. Obviously however, if your station updates WU directly, then it will now use the station pressure. In such case I would turn off the direct WU updates and set them up in MB control panel, that way it will be the MB that is sending the data and that should be correct.

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 11:11:45 AM »
How do you send your data to WU, via Meteobridge?

Based on how I understaand it, MB automatically expects that you give it raw data from the station, i.e. the station pressure. Based on that it performs the conversion. So if you sent it adjusted values, then it applied the adjustment again, which is why you saw the incorrect values.

Now the question is how you update WU, if via MB, it should be ok. Obviously however, if your station updates WU directly, then it will now use the station pressure. In such case I would turn off the direct WU updates and set them up in MB control panel, that way it will be the MB that is sending the data and that should be correct.

Well my bridge aculink is connected to my web router. Before I updated to new MBYW I had adjusted 1.3 Iin meteobridge and everything was working fine. How do I turn off WU updates? Also how do I set them up on MB control panel?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 11:13:39 AM by Adrian23 »

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 11:16:55 AM »
If I remember correctly I had wu updates turned off before I updated.

To turn off WU updates do I select? Trying to becareful and not remove my station all together.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 11:19:43 AM by Adrian23 »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 11:27:52 AM »
I cant help you with this, I dont use this station, I know how to turn it on in MB, it is very simple it is under the Weather Networks tab

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 11:54:36 AM »
MB you mean meteobridge? Wow my pressure on WU is going up and down up down

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 12:00:54 PM »

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 12:06:18 PM »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 12:08:30 PM »
Hmm this looks a bit like if you had your data sent to WU simultaneously by MB and your station and one reporting the adjusted pressure and one the station pressure

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 12:09:56 PM »
I had in Meteobridge adjustment of 1.3 I just put to 0 lets see if it fixes it.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2016, 12:12:26 PM »
If you put 0 in MB, then make sure the pressure is adjusted by your station before it is sent to MB.

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 12:17:42 PM »
Before I had updated to new mbyw I had adjustment of 1.3 in meieobridge and all was good. I don't remember if I had WU updates off. Ok so if i have 1.3 in Meteobridge in whst selection does mbyw need to be in? Sorry dude this is frustrating why I updated something messed with my settings the way I had it.

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2016, 12:20:01 PM »
Look at this its back to normal after removing the 1.3 adjustment from MB. :roll:

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2016, 12:29:25 PM »
If I remember correctly I had wu updates turned off before I updated.

To turn off WU updates do I select? Trying to becareful and not remove my station all together.

I'm travelling today, so I've got to be quick.

myAcurite should be set to station pressure.  In

the sharing section of myAcurite, select the wunderground station and remove it completely.

That should stop the SmartHUB from updating wunderground.

Make all other necessary adjustments in meteobridge.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2016, 12:31:56 PM »

This looks like it might be wunderground's attempt to adjust the pressure for you.  Not a whole lot you can do about that right now except emailing them and asking them to stop.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2016, 12:36:30 PM »
Before I had updated to new mbyw I had adjustment of 1.3 in meieobridge and all was good. I don't remember if I had WU updates off. Ok so if i have 1.3 in Meteobridge in whst selection does mbyw need to be in? Sorry dude this is frustrating why I updated something messed with my settings the way I had it.

Please stop referring to "new mbyw".  It's "myAcurite".  MyBackyardWeather is out of the picture.

The situation is simple:

1) Set myAcurite to "station" pressure.  This will make the smartHUB output station pressure as meteobridge expects.

2) Don't let myAcurite update wunderground.  If you're going to use meteobridge, stick with meteobridge.  Don't do both at the same time.

3) Make all adjustments in meteobridge.

I've got to get back on the road....

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2016, 01:51:28 PM »
Adrian it is sometimes useful to also read the documentation for the devices and if you did so you would find out what exactly MB does, I highlighted very important part:

Pressure Correction
In this field you can add an offset to be applied to station pressure in order to calibrate pressure measurements. Offset can be specified in mbar/hPa or inHg, according to the unit you select with the drop-down box on the right. Offset will be applied on top of altitude-based pressure corrections.

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2016, 09:16:06 PM »
All is good thx again.