Author Topic: 5-1 acurite frustation with sharing software.  (Read 5868 times)

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
Re: 5-1 acurite frustation with sharing software.
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2016, 12:05:55 PM »
I cant get in. I get white screen with "Authorization Required"

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2016, 01:11:48 PM »
And to be clear, the "special" remote URL can be used from any browser, anywhere in the world!  I was in Budapest and wanted to check the temperature of the garage (yeah, I was bored...)  The secret URL allows that!
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline cfuller57

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2016, 11:20:31 AM »
Does anyone know how I could get VWS to work with AcuRite? Using a 5-1, with Console: 06037M.
I have VIS, from Valley Information Systems, and was wondering if I could point VWS to it's dat files.
But I don't know which version of VWS to get to try this.
I have VWS, older one, that I used with my LaCross unit. And I would like to use it again, as I'm not real keen on AcuRites Acu Link site.
I had my PC running for 2 days, and then I noticed that all my shortcuts, on my desktop, for Websites had a Green Check mark on them.
I had to do a restart to clear them.

Offline ctccbc

• Senior Contributor
  • Acurite 01035, Weather Display
    • Chris Collins Morehead City, NC Weather
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2016, 01:01:23 PM »
Acurite works with Weather Display and Weather Station Data Logger from source forge, but not with VWS. The author of cumulus does not plan to support Acurite either at last check. Perhaps there are other options out there.