Author Topic: at&t dsl?  (Read 5908 times)

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
Re: at&t dsl?
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 01:56:55 PM »
I did not mean to say you were knocking Fling.  I totally agree with you.   Maybe no one has asked.... if it was a person/company like WD or my brultech guy I would probably have asked, and it would be on the site the next day with that feature.

My guess would be the response from NCH would be something like, "if you would like fully featured ftp...blah...blah.... try out Fling Plus, or Classic FTP Plus...for only A$??.99"

Andrew

I wondered that too... I cant see a way. I tried at one point...... But its hard to knock a free piece of software for that.  Strangely you can tell it to ignore a bunch of wildcarded file names and types.  So it has ignore, but not include logic.

Steve

It wasn't my intention to knock fling, obviously a lot of people find it very useful, it just seems such a totally logical thing to want to do  :? 

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2010, 02:33:40 PM »
Andrew, see if that file I posted will do what your script is doing if you don't mind. I'd like to hear what you think!

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2010, 02:49:28 PM »
Steve
I will let you know tonight.  No can see zip's through firewall

Andrew

Andrew, see if that file I posted will do what your script is doing if you don't mind. I'd like to hear what you think!

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2010, 02:52:25 PM »
I hear that.  Got some rather questionable links while trying to research my fling np memory issue.   And clear your google history.  "honey, why are searching for flings"  although if she thought it was the fling.com version she would not use the word "honey"

Andrew

Well, do NOT go to fling dot com unless you are looking for a non-FTP connection :lol:

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010, 07:15:23 PM »
Steve,
Seems to work pretty good.  If you used something like Trayit to hide it while running would probably meet your needs for testtags copy and fling.

Andrew

Man, have  I got the thing for you! Years ago I had a developer that was working for us to create a little app that would do just that. Just unzip this, it's a small exe file. You put the folder to look in and the file (wildcards should work) and the destination folder. You specifiy how often it should check. That's it! You can have it load from the startup folder or however you want to load it. It remembers the settings.

I totally forgot about that until you mentioned it. Thanks for reminding me! Let me know how it goes if any of you decide to use it.

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2010, 09:14:44 PM »
You can see how old it is! I had another one he made me that moved instead of copied. I tried it when I got home, at first it didn't like the location it was started from, but once I copied it into the webfiles folder, it started working. I have Fling doing all of the WD uploads to two sites now and it works flawlessly so far. It's also sending the VWS wflash files to daculaweather. I basically turned off the ftp in WD.

anything