Author Topic: Help in flashing TL-mr3020  (Read 1267 times)

Offline klb31241

Help in flashing TL-mr3020
« on: April 10, 2015, 08:15:29 PM »
I need help.  I am a retired Naval Meteorologist.  I retired in 1984 after 25 years. this was ( before computers). What I'm trying to say is my computer skills are from nil to dangerous. I have screwed up a D Link 505L and bricked a TL-mr3020. I have read the manuals and instructions over and over and still confused.  I refuse to buy Ambient's Weatherbridge because I would still have the same problem. Namely connecting to my Aculink after flashing. I think I have the flashing down but it's the steps after that, connecting and setting up the meteobridge once its created. So if anyone has the time or inclination I would appreciate the help.  it can be posted here on the forum, through private message or email at ken31241@yahoo.com,  whatever.  Thanks again. Ken Butler KFLJACKS186
Ken Butler (klb31241) KFLJACKS186

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
Re: Help in flashing TL-mr3020
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 03:46:20 AM »
Lets focus on the MR3020 for a moment. I understand that you have done flashing the Meteobridge firmware to it. So you were successful in connecting the MR3020 with your LAN and to login onto its web interface with your PC. That way you have already applied the basic techniques you need to operate the Meteobridge.

Once you have done the flashing, connect the MR3020 with your router's LAN via an Ethernet cable and power-cycle the MR3020. During boot the green LED underneath the large transparent button will do slow and then fast flashing. When fast flashing ends and the LED is constantly on, you are done. The Meteobridge has booted fine and is connected to the Internet.

Now just call "http://magicip.meteobridge.com" and your browser will connect to the Meteobridge in your LAN. Please remember the LAN IP to be able to login next time by directly using this (the magicip thing is a trick to avoid that you have to investigate the LAN IP the router has given the Meteobridge). User name is meteobridge, password is meteobridge (unless you change it).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 03:47:55 AM by docbee »
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline klb31241

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 07:52:45 PM »
Thanks Docbee, I'll give it another shot and see what happens. Stay tuned!!
Ken Butler (klb31241) KFLJACKS186

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 04:34:12 PM »
Did you get it going? I don't see how you could brick your meteobridges... What kind of router do you use for your home wifi? You should just have an address similar to 192.168.1.1   

192.168.1.2 etc

put into your browser and then it will take you to the login screens.