Author Topic: lost access to Meteo bridge  (Read 943 times)

Offline redeye64

lost access to Meteo bridge
« on: May 12, 2018, 12:59:35 AM »
l'm active on WU, WOW & Weathercloud, but Cumulus isn't initiating (error 32701) and when l try to log onto my meteobridge l get this....

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

any advice?

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: lost access to Meteo bridge
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 09:25:14 AM »
You have done a power cycle?
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 09:34:22 AM »
I do not use nor know Meteobridge and how it interfaces with Cumulus so may be totally off base.  In my experience the Cumulus 32701 error is most always when something else is already connected and using the Davis logger.  As best as I know you can run only 1 program at a time with the Davis logger unless you have something like VVP (VVP is no longer supported).  I am again using VVP with Weatherlink and Cumulus (in TCP/IP setting), but occasionally there is a can't connect conflict that causes Weatherlink and/or Cumulus to stop receiving from the logger.  A stop and restart of VVP, Weatherlink and Cumulus usually then works fine again.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 06:42:21 PM »
but this problem is reported as with connection to meteobridge though
and not to the data logger direct
but maybe related (in that meteobridge only allows 1 connection at at time)

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 08:01:06 PM »
Meteobridge handles the Davis connection issue via the MB station setup but that is not the problem here and from all indications the MB IP has changed, possibly using DHCP?

Offline redeye64

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 08:07:40 PM »
problem solved - the IP address changed (somehow?) so entered the new address into cumulus and am back up on my pc. Typing the new IP gave me access to MB again. I don't understand how the address changed by itself though? (its DCHP....but l admit to almost no networking knowledge regarding IP/MAC/static/fixed etc)
The only thing l can offer is the router was briefly switched off to resolve an unrelated issue....?

Offline redeye64

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 08:15:40 PM »
am l better off using a fixed IP address so it wont change again? (l dont understand how/why it did so)

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 08:33:15 PM »
am l better off using a fixed IP address so it wont change again? (l dont understand how/why it did so)

DHCP is a leased IP so will and can change based on your router settings/config. Static IP doesn't change and if managed properly is my preference and what I would do and what I actually do to maintain some other IP cross links. With a fixed static/fixed IP you just have to be careful when changing out routers etc   

Offline redeye64

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 08:41:00 PM »

DHCP is a leased IP so will and can change based on your router settings/config. Static IP doesn't change and if managed properly is my preference and what I would do and what I actually do to maintain some other IP cross links. With a fixed static/fixed IP you just have to be careful when changing out routers etc

thanks, l'll do some reading.....and dive in :)

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 07:31:21 AM »
Most routers provide an option to give clients with a defined MAC a fixed IP via DHCP.

Advantage compared to a fixed IP setting on the client side is, when you move the client to a new DHCP network than it will still receive an IP (not a fixed one of course) while when it has been given a local static IP it will not be reachable if the new network operates in a different class C network (192.168.1.x instead of 192.168.0.x for example).
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 07:52:09 AM »
BTW, you can also try browsing to "http://magicip.meteobridge.com" from within your LAN and you should be redirected to the current LAN IP of your Meteobridge.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

anything