Author Topic: Power Loss, restoring data?  (Read 1048 times)

Offline MRT

Power Loss, restoring data?
« on: October 15, 2009, 04:37:31 PM »
I've got a Vantage Pro 2, with data logger.  I unplugged the unit earlier today thinking the batteries would keep it going, which I guess they would have had they not been dead...  Anyway, I now have an annoying issue and have not been able to find any threads related to this.  Basically, the daily, month to day and annual rain totals seem to have lost the .63 inch of rain that fell today up to the time the power was lost.  The data on my computer and web site (southriverlodge.com/wx) is correct, as is the "last 24 hour of rain" in the ticker on the bottom of the VP2 display.

Is there any way to restore the info in the data logger back to the display? Or a better way to correct this?

Thanks,

Matt

Offline WeatherGoose

• Forecaster
  • LIVE from the Southern Sierra Nevada!
    • Sierra Springs Village - MADIS Station D2149 - Bass Lake Ca.
Re: Power Loss, restoring data?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:04:55 PM »
I am pretty sure that you are SOL on getting data back to the console.  If there is a local station near you with rain data, you could update your console manually with this other stations rain totals  As for temp and all the other stuff I don't know.

HARDWARE: Davis VP2 wireless w/daytime FARS - Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 - Apple 24" iMAC - OSX 10.6.2
SOFTWARE: Lightsoft Weather Center for Mac OSX -  EVOcam 2.6.5