Author Topic: low battery problem  (Read 7638 times)

Offline d_l

• Forecaster
  • Slide Mtn - Mt Rose
    • Thomas Creek Estates neighborhood weather
Re: low battery problem
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2009, 01:25:31 PM »
I gather from reports here that the low Li battery warning is supposed to self clear at midnight after a replacement battery is installed.  Mine didn't after I'd replaced a 11 month old battery reading about 3.03 V as part of a heater installation and annual maintenance cleaning. I knew that this battery had a full voltage because I tested before I installed it.

Not wanting to wait another midnight to see if the low battery message cleared up, I tried doing a transmitter reset from WeatherLink.  I knew this would reset the Console Diagnostics stats and it also apparently works to re-acquire the latest Li battery status because it fixed my battery reading.

So if you have WL and a low battery reading that you believe might be bogus, simply hit the OK button in the Set Transceiver window (without making any other changes there) to force your console or Envoy to update to the latest Li battery status reading.
--Dave--

Wireless VP2 w/ solar, 24hr FARS, Heater, (Envoy-WLIP)*3-Meteohub, plus custom VP2 @ 26', WL 6.0.4, WU & W4U=KNVRENO37 NetcamXL

People always talk about the weather, but they never do anything about it.  Not me.  I'm gonna measure it.  https://www.tceweather.com

Offline ncpilot

• Forecaster
    • Monkey Junction Weather
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2009, 01:45:41 PM »
Or you can just go into setup mode, then exit setup--this will reset the battery low message...
Marc
Wilmington, NC
"Monkey Junction Weather"
Davis VP2 wireless, WeatherLink

Offline d_l

• Forecaster
  • Slide Mtn - Mt Rose
    • Thomas Creek Estates neighborhood weather
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2009, 02:04:09 PM »
An Envoy doesn't have a setup mode and I rarely use the console's buttons.  Unlabeled functions aren't obvious on it.  WL is so much simpler.
--Dave--

Wireless VP2 w/ solar, 24hr FARS, Heater, (Envoy-WLIP)*3-Meteohub, plus custom VP2 @ 26', WL 6.0.4, WU & W4U=KNVRENO37 NetcamXL

People always talk about the weather, but they never do anything about it.  Not me.  I'm gonna measure it.  https://www.tceweather.com

anything