Author Topic: Interwarn  (Read 12237 times)

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
Re: Interwarn
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 09:42:37 PM »
You can always setup your own server like I have ...

Nobody seems to want to take heed though despite the recommendations above.

One other thing.  If someone had the bandwidth and the desire, they could offer to let others here use WXMesg off their system using the Retransmission add-on.

Retransmission - Internet

The original Byte Blaster server has been updated to improve program stability and reliability.  It now works with Weather Message software.

This software allows you to contribute to the EMWIN Internet distribution network by redistributing the weather data packets.  If you have bandwidth to spare, consider setting up WxBBSrvr as a service to other EMWIN users.  Not only will you be providing a service, you will add redundancy to the EMWIN Internet distribution.   

Licensing

The retransmission programs are being offered FREE to the EMWIN community.

http://www.wxmesg.com/wxretranprod.htm

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 09:50:37 PM »
And it's great! Pick and choose what message(s) you want for anywhere in the country, or everywhere for that matter. Send to Facebook, Twitter, pagers email... it also has several client pieces you can use.

I have my server setup going through my wireless network with all my other weather stuff.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 10:14:35 PM »
I don't have the server nor the space.  I am going to lump along as usual until I can't stand it anymore.

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 06:44:51 AM »
When I say server, it's a small piece of software, no big box required. Mine is running with VWS, WD, Fling, GRLevel3, StartWatch, and VVP. On a 1GB box.

It is a "server" piece of software because it has clients that can attach. It doesn't require anything powerful at all.

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro2 w/12 hr FARS, solar/uv
    • Cumberland Valley Weather
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 11:42:17 AM »
You can always setup your own server like I have ... http://www.wxmesg.com/
Steve,
Looks like 2 dozens choices for purchase. I want to replace StormNow which is ending April 1. How difficult to setup. I only have a netbook running 24/7.
Thanks Ed
Sorry not trying to hijack thread. Also noticed many questions answered earlier in thread.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:46:30 AM by ed2kayak »
Ed
CoCoRaHS PA-CD-6,  Weather Underground KPAMECHA7, CWOP DW5425

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »
Very easy to setup. There are lots of options and the interface could use a little work but right clicks are your friend. I think you can try it for 30 days or something. I have a 100 count client version but have only used 4 or 5. You can always add clients. I do use the Twitter, Facebook, and email notifications from it though.

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2012, 12:39:52 PM »
Very easy to setup. There are lots of options and the interface could use a little work but right clicks are your friend. I think you can try it for 30 days or something. I have a 100 count client version but have only used 4 or 5. You can always add clients. I do use the Twitter, Facebook, and email notifications from it though.

Yep, 30 day trial.  Dac here turned me on to it last year after YEARS of using RealEMWIN.  I like Rob Dale's software, but there were things about it I didn't like.  Danny's (WXMesg author) software is far and away more flexible and robust, AND he's easy to send suggestions to.  I have it sending messages to my smartphone, I have it creating watch/warning maps.  Great product.
Current setup: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2012, 01:18:03 PM »
We need to get him signed up here.  He runs a Yahoo! Group for support, but I hate that platform.

The key I bought was under an employer's name and since I don't work there anymore, I can't use the program.  In my current circumstances, I have no use for it.

It's a bit tricky to set up, but once you get it tailored for your location, it works great.

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro2 w/12 hr FARS, solar/uv
    • Cumberland Valley Weather
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2012, 02:35:29 PM »
Wow, There is a boatload of choices.
I have a netbbook (low power),  I had to delay the start-up wxmeg client & server a couple minutes.
 VVP seemed to crash if everything started at once.
Now Wxemwin Wx mess client running. Will try to figure out txt messages after bike ride.

WxSim is only oter program I run here, hopefully they will all get along. :-)
Ed
CoCoRaHS PA-CD-6,  Weather Underground KPAMECHA7, CWOP DW5425

anything