Author Topic: Changing from Cumulus to Weather Display Version of Template  (Read 955 times)

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
Changing from Cumulus to Weather Display Version of Template
« on: February 24, 2012, 09:52:42 AM »
Currently i am running Kens Ajax script through Cumulus. I have got Weather Display working over the last week and have transferred all records. What files do i need to replace in order to run the Template through Weather Display instead of Cumulus? Is it a complicated process to change?? Basically WD has more script options than Cumulus hence one of the reasons for the switch.

Thanks in Advance

Mike

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Changing from Cumulus to Weather Display Version of Template
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:18:52 AM »
For the V3 version of the template set, it's really easy to change weather software:
1) download the plugin (for Weather-Display, the WD-plugin.zip)
2) follow the customization info for both Weather-Display and the Settings-weather.php (the Settings-weather.php from the WD-plugin replaces the Settings-weather.php from the CU-plugin for Cumulus)
and you're done.  Note that some new pages now work with WD enabled while some older Cumulus-only pages no longer work.. this is normal :)

If you rename your Cumulus Settings-weather.php to Settings-weather-CU.php before replacing it, then you can still view a page using Cumulus by appending ?wx=cu to the page in the browser.  I use this little trick for testing multiple weather software on a single site :)

Best regards,
Ken
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:21:18 AM by saratogaWX »
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
Re: Changing from Cumulus to Weather Display Version of Template
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 11:21:20 AM »
Thanks Ken, very much appreciated  :grin:. Also a general  thanks for your wonderful script and the support you give.  =D>

anything