Author Topic: Stormlab Supercharged v.4.1.9 Software  (Read 7287 times)

Offline tshattuck

• Forecaster
    • Your Local Weather - Clay, NY
Stormlab Supercharged v.4.1.9 Software
« on: July 09, 2015, 01:41:47 PM »
Hello:
About 2 weeks ago I started having a problem with the program, it stopped displaying NWS Watches & Watches on the radar images. I did not make any changes to my PC so I am thinking it's a program problem. I use AllisonHouse for my data feeds and they stated there is no issue with their data feed. I checked on the StormLab user forum and discovered the software is no longer being supported.  :eek:

I would like to know if anyone else who is utiziling this program has the same problem.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
Re: Stormlab Supercharged v.4.1.9 Software
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 10:18:14 AM »
I looked on their Facebook page (Which stays updated), and it certainly is a problem but they have not responded about it, or made any kind of regard to supporting the software on there anymore. It is a good sign that their page is remaining updated though. :-)
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 11:00:47 AM »
Hi Folks,

Evan Bookbinder, the creator and former owner of Interwarn closed the company back in 2012, then sold the company/software to someone. To date, no one knows who owns the software and runs the servers. It is for certain they aren't keeping it updated, offering no support, yet they are still selling the all of the software associated with Interwarn. I used to use Interwarn, but no longer because of the lack of support and the associated issues with the servers.

If one is looking for radar software, please check out GRLevel3. It is awesome and Mike Gibson, the creator and owner of the software provides excellent support. For severe weather messaging via email, SMS, Twitter, Facebook, etc. check out Weather Message. Danny provides excellent support.

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 04:52:03 PM »
Yea, Evan refused to give me a refund before my 30 day trial period was up because of some issues with the storm lab program. Got hosed on that one I did. His Intrawarn program isn't much better. Whoever the person is that owns it now is a smart one because they probably know thay'd be flooded with complaints from owners about it!

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 05:10:25 PM »
Hi Folks,

Evan Bookbinder, the creator and former owner of Interwarn closed the company back in 2012, then sold the company/software to someone. To date, no one knows who owns the software and runs the servers. It is for certain they aren't keeping it updated, offering no support, yet they are still selling the all of the software associated with Interwarn. I used to use Interwarn, but no longer because of the lack of support and the associated issues with the servers.

If one is looking for radar software, please check out GRLevel3. It is awesome and Mike Gibson, the creator and owner of the software provides excellent support. For severe weather messaging via email, SMS, Twitter, Facebook, etc. check out Weather Message. Danny provides excellent support.

John

I took John's advice on Weather Message a few years ago and glad I did.  I had been using Rob Dale's great program RealEMWIN, but was missing a mapping function.  This was perfect.  And a little easier to use than RealEMWIN.
Current setup: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 12:41:33 PM »
That helps Mike Gibson even more. I think his product was always a little better laid out, and the support there was better, but all of these other radar programs - Nexrad3 (Which was an awesome program), StormPredator (Which was simple but used very little bandwidth), and now Stormlab (Probably Mike's biggest competitor) have all sunk.
Joe Fitzwater

Offline tshattuck

• Forecaster
    • Your Local Weather - Clay, NY
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 01:04:38 PM »
FYI
I received a response from InterWarn by emailing: support@interwarn.com

Here is their response:
"There is and has always been free support. It may not be immediate.  We do not support questions from the forum and have told the forum users that for two years.  Our Tech people do not have the time to peruse the boards looking for questions.  Many of those comment come from users who paid $49 ten years ago and expect us to support 3 - 4 Windows upgrades and new computer and OS problems, etc for free for life within 10 minutes of a post. That is ridiculous.  Email to this address will get the quickest response."

Bottom line is there is still support (I was not aware of the fact InterWarn support no longer looks at the forum).

Their solution to my problem is to uninstall StormLab and reinstall. I have done this before and it always has addressed any issues with the program so I will give it a try.

I plan on looking at GRLevel3.

Regards,

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 03:43:21 PM »
I liked Interwarn very much.  I don't use it anymore.  However when I did have a problem, initially the response was very snotty. I replied that I was technically paying the techie and developer's salary and would  like a decent reply.   I had received a reply blaming me that their software issues were my fault when the problem was with their end.   This back and forth went on until I finally wrote what was in my heart and said I would never recommend nor use their product again. 

The reply was basically a "who cares"  I have a busy life of my own and I only do this because I had a free moment.   I have removed the software I so dearly paid for .  When I need something I either refer to the NWS and use their radar  OR.. I use GRLevel 3.

Arrogance always costs people in the end, sad to see some individuals have so much of it that it ruins a great product and service.

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 04:13:25 PM »
I always recommend GR product. The forums always provide quick responses, and the products usually never have bugs. Hate to hear that kind of comment from the makers of Stormlab/Interwarn over there, but I guess their customer numbers will reflect that kind of attitude.  8-)
Joe Fitzwater

anything