Author Topic: vantage vue no wind speed problem  (Read 1783 times)

Offline ukwoody

• Contributor
vantage vue no wind speed problem
« on: January 14, 2013, 02:57:05 PM »
Hi all, my vantage vue seems to have stopped sending the wind speed to the console.  Everything else is fine, just the speed. I can hear the reed switch clicking over but it no longer seems to register it.  Anyone else had this or do you reckon the board with the reedswitch and heatsensor has failed?

It still under warrenty for about 3 weeks!   Do i contact my retailer (Red Onions) or McMurdo directly?

many thanks
woody

Offline Bruiser

• Contributor
    • Miami Township (Just South of Dayton), Ohio Weather
Re: vantage vue no wind speed problem
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 07:53:44 PM »
Have you tried simply first to disconnect the anemometer cable from the board then reconnect??  (Assuming this can be done on the VUE).

I would definitely call before the warranty is out.  Maybe even an e-mail to Davis support will work......

I had my original Vantage Pro anemometer go the same way after 8 and a half years of service.  The anemometer spun fine but quit registering wind.  Good luck man!

Offline ukwoody

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 03:35:50 PM »
Thanks Bruiser,

I spoke to McMurdo (Now Orolia) this morning, who are the Uk agents. Got absolutely first class service and support from them, and as a result they are sending me a replacement board out FOC.  This means less downtime as well since I can fit it myself rather than having to send the unit away. 

If only all companies were that accomodating!  Certainly beats the Chinese imports!

Woody

Offline ukwoody

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 03:34:46 PM »
Quick updat. Repalcement board arrived just 24 hours after calling them. Station now back up and running. Fantatsic service!

woody