Author Topic: EW designator...  (Read 1859 times)

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
EW designator...
« on: May 31, 2015, 11:33:16 PM »
I was given an EW designator when I signed up a while back. I finally have gotten to getting a meteobridge and sending data in. The data displays but I can't sign up for QC emails. It just says that my stations isn't well... A station. Is it because I don't have a CW/DW designator?

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
Re: EW designator...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 11:47:16 PM »
I was given an EW designator when I signed up a while back. I finally have gotten to getting a meteobridge and sending data in. The data displays but I can't sign up for QC emails. It just says that my stations isn't well... A station. Is it because I don't have a CW/DW designator?

Define 'while back'.  EW doesn't matter if you don't get the QCs; you're part of the network.  My brother has an EW ident and he is able to see the QC page just fine.  It sometimes takes a while to get a baseline for the QC to start.
Current setup: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 11:53:47 PM »
I got the email with my designator number on March 16, 2015 and started sending in data yesterday evening. :D

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 01:05:50 AM »
I got the email with my designator number on March 16, 2015 and started sending in data yesterday evening. :D

Yeah, it's going to be a while if you just started sending data in yesterday.  Check in a couple of weeks when you populate the data enough to get a baseline from which to compare to other stations in your area.
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 11:30:29 AM »

Yeah, it's going to be a while if you just started sending data in yesterday.  Check in a couple of weeks when you populate the data enough to get a baseline from which to compare to other stations in your area.
Figured it out. CWOP support hasn't activated my account yet. I wonder how long that will take. I emailed them and Philip Gladstone copied them in an email I sent him. I hope it doesn't take too long :D

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 12:13:55 PM »
I hope it doesn't take too long
If I recall correctly mine took more than a couple of days, but that may have changed since 2009.

Paul

Offline N0NB

• Amateur weather observer
  • Contributor
    • N0NB.us
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 02:39:47 PM »
I'm using my amateur radio callsign.  Even so, I recall sending an email on Friday morning the 8th and things were flowing into MADIS the next Wednesday the 13th.  Last week I saw things were going into Meso West smoothly, so allow ten days to two weeks for everything to settle in and be clicking along.

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 03:48:22 PM »
Just got an email saying that my station has been added to the CWOP database! They said that my data should start showing up on MADIS servers on Wednesday.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 03:58:55 PM »
Don't expect any QC rating for 10-14 days maybe longer even though its in the server. It needs to have a period of data to examine.
Randy

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 06:53:04 PM »
Correct. It needs to gather baseline data and one day obviously won't cut it.
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 06:56:05 PM »
Probably good that it needs a while because I still need to move my station. It's to close to the shingles. BTW if anybody has a cheap but good way of mounting their station let me know!

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 07:24:33 PM »
Probably good that it needs a while because I still need to move my station. It's to close to the shingles. BTW if anybody has a cheap but good way of mounting their station let me know!
This is what I use. http://www.ambientweather.com/amwetrandmaa.html#caption

Offline C5250

• Forecaster
    • Local weather
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 09:58:38 PM »
Just got an email saying that my station has been added to the CWOP database! They said that my data should start showing up on MADIS servers on Wednesday.

That means your data is showing up on FINDU. MADIS updates its list of CWOP stations once per week, on Tuesday as I recall. After MADIS has been picking up your data the QC will start to populate. Unless something looks very wrong, don't panic, give it at least a month to see the real trends.
Precious little in your life is yours by right and won without a fight.

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 05:30:12 PM »

I use one similar to this:

http://www.ambientweather.com/amwewe.html