Author Topic: New Access Hub and Old Sensor Compatibility  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
New Access Hub and Old Sensor Compatibility
« on: March 26, 2018, 03:38:29 PM »
I have a half dozen 00592TXR sensors with my current Sharthub.  Will they work with the new Access hub?
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline daman

• Forecaster
Re: New Access Hub and Old Sensor Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 03:53:01 PM »
If they work with the old hub yes they will work with the new Access.
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 04:12:17 PM »
Be aware that the Access sensor limit is currently set to 7 rather than the SmartHUB's 10.

Acurite's taken some heat for that, so maybe it will change in the future after more real-world performance is studied.

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 04:19:01 PM »
Be aware that the Access sensor limit is currently set to 7 rather than the SmartHUB's 10.

Acurite's taken some heat for that, so maybe it will change in the future after more real-world performance is studied.

George, do you know for a fact that Acurite is considering increasing the Access limit beyond 7 or is that possibility just speculation? I ask because one of the reasons I didn't upgrade to the Access was due to its current limitation.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 04:30:37 PM »

George, do you know for a fact that Acurite is considering increasing the Access limit beyond 7 or is that possibility just speculation? I ask because one of the reasons I didn't upgrade to the Access was due to its current limitation.

Speculation.  I'm sure the hardware can handle it, though.  Some of the newer sensors (like the Atlas) will be reporting much faster so I'd imagine they set the number a bit lower to manage performance expectations.  If things work out well they might bump it up, like they bumped the Bridge/SmartHUB system from 3 to 10.

I also don't think they expected the amount of negative feedback over that change.  They obviously know how many sensors people are using per SmartHUB and probably didn't think it would have a practical effect on most.   But some users got torqued over the change, just on principle.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 04:35:32 PM by nincehelser »

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 06:16:44 PM »
Thanks for the info gents! I will probably get the Access for 40 bucks (have to use a freight forwarder to get around Acurites stupid Canada shipping)
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 06:17:45 PM »

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173