Author Topic: Weather Link Live where are the records?  (Read 974 times)

Offline Adam H

Weather Link Live where are the records?
« on: June 16, 2019, 01:17:06 PM »
I got a Weather Link Live and it works great but when i login on the website i can not seem to find my data for the previous day only the current days stats? I'm looking for the record high and low and all time high and low for my extra sensors for a green house.

The app shows high and low record for my VP2 but it does not for the extra sensors unless i missed it. Under extra sensors in the app it shows hi/lo totals not sure if that is all time high and low.

Any advice?

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
Re: Weather Link Live where are the records?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 03:37:58 PM »
I got a Weather Link Live and it works great but when i login on the website i can not seem to find my data for the previous day only the current days stats? I'm looking for the record high and low and all time high and low for my extra sensors for a green house.

The app shows high and low record for my VP2 but it does not for the extra sensors unless i missed it. Under extra sensors in the app it shows hi/lo totals not sure if that is all time high and low.

Any advice?

If you are using the Basic Plan (Free) Than you wont have access to histroical data.
If you have Pro or Pro+ is under the "chart" tab.

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 04:19:13 PM »

I think the particular detail of the feature you're looking for has not been implemented yet. There will be extensions of the current feature-set added in the coming months like NOAA reports but whether that will include eg annual or all-time record values for extra sensors is difficult to predict - certainly difficult to imagine that wl.com will offer all conceivable values for all sensors and all users but who knows where the cutoff will be? IT may be that third-party software might be needed to calculate & maintain the more esoteric values.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 05:16:18 PM »

I think the particular detail of the feature you're looking for has not been implemented yet. There will be extensions of the current feature-set added in the coming months like NOAA reports but whether that will include eg annual or all-time record values for extra sensors is difficult to predict - certainly difficult to imagine that wl.com will offer all conceivable values for all sensors and all users but who knows where the cutoff will be? IT may be that third-party software might be needed to calculate & maintain the more esoteric values.

johnd, I am not sure what you mean there... I have extra sensors and I can see historical data for my extra sensors... I think they are looking for historical data as he specified " can not seem to find my data for the previous day"

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095

Offline Adam H

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 06:28:41 PM »
So i have to pay if i want to see my histroical data? Wouldn't that make weather link live useless unless you pay a fee.   :roll:

txweather how are you seeing your extra sensors histroical data? Are you paying the fee?

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 06:58:59 PM »
So i have to pay if i want to see my histroical data? Wouldn't that make weather link live useless unless you pay a fee.   :roll:

Correct.

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 07:20:21 PM »
txweather how are you seeing your extra sensors histroical data? Are you paying the fee?

That is correct.

----

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 07:22:51 PM »

Correct.

Not entirely. You can do many other things with WLL. And you don't need to use the weatherlink cloud service you can use meteobridge,weather display, etc...

----

Offline Adam H

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 07:28:14 PM »

That is correct.

You don't have a screen shot by any chance?  :grin:

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 07:55:27 PM »
Here is a screenshot of yesterdays data for both of my stations. One is primary and the second is set as an extra sensor.
I can go as far as inception of my WLL.

Note that I scrolled over so you can get a view of both... Both sensors would not fit in the screen.

----

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 09:27:11 PM »

Correct.

Not entirely. You can do many other things with WLL. And you don't need to use the weatherlink cloud service you can use meteobridge,weather display, etc...

The query was in regard WLL and the cloud website nothing to do with MB, WD or anything else.

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 11:27:56 PM »

Correct.

The query was in regard WLL and the cloud website nothing to do with MB, WD or anything else.

The point still stand. The weatherlink live will not become useless, you can use other services ones which can even be free. So your not tide to the weatherlink cloud yearly fee for historic al data.

----

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2019, 12:27:47 AM »

Correct.

The point still stand. The weatherlink live will not become useless, you can use other services ones which can even be free. So your not tide to the weatherlink cloud yearly fee for historic al data.

The point is WLL live and the cloud does not work like WLIP and users are only coming to realize this once they have brought the product and got it on line and since WLL has became active the subscription has been already ramped up.

Yes of course one can use other services but most users aren't intending to fork out more cash for something they thought would provide the data they were hoping and in even more cash for additional hardware such as MB when in all respects if one was going to have to also purchase MB then why bother with WLL in the first place, not actually required. 

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2019, 03:27:13 AM »
johnd, I am not sure what you mean there... I have extra sensors and I can see historical data for my extra sensors... I think they are looking for historical data as he specified " can not seem to find my data for the previous day"

TBH the original post wasn't worded 100% clearly but:

1. Yes, the record by record historical data is there for Pro users. But you can't easily pull eg the day's highs & lows out of this data stream;

2. Summary data in the form of eg day-by-day NOAA reports, all-time record values etc and which the OP specifically asked about is not there yet. Or at least I don't know where to find it - please let us know if you've found a way of accessing these values.

Pretty sure that the OP was asking about [2] BICBW.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 03:28:59 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Adam H

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2019, 06:48:32 AM »
Here is a screenshot of yesterdays data for both of my stations. One is primary and the second is set as an extra sensor.
I can go as far as inception of my WLL.

Note that I scrolled over so you can get a view of both... Both sensors would not fit in the screen.

txweather thanks for that but i do not see the daily high and low temp just temp readings for every 15 min.

I'm looking for the high and low daily without searching for it.
The high and low monthly.
The All Time high and low.

I need this for green house up north.

I really think davis should say subscription required for all features or add more info. Ambient weather looks better now only a one time fee vs monthly. In 3 or 4 yrs paying davis you would have Ambient weathers fee covered or even better if you bought there hardware where it cost zero.

It is just frustrating since davis is supposed to be the best but lack simple features or bill you monthly to use them or maybe it is just my fault for not doing more research.

I haven't even looked to see if davis has text alerts for when a preset temp has been reached. I know Ambient weather net has it. Just recently bought my dad a weather station from them is how i know.

I just hate monthly bills get rid of as many as you can and you find more money in your bank account no matter how small they are.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 06:55:29 AM by Adam H »

anything