Author Topic: New Time lapse Photography  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
New Time lapse Photography
« on: January 07, 2012, 09:10:24 PM »
Hi Everyone

I made this time lapse photography video this morning. it is my first attempt more testing the workflow than worrying about quality. i thought id post it cause i guess clouds are weather hope you like it let me know what you think. Heres the link http://www.sunprairieweather.com/pictures/time_lapse.php

Andy
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:30:33 PM by Gootch »
Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline AF6GL

• Jeffries Ranch Weather Center
Re: New Time lapse Photography
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 02:27:34 AM »
Great quality. The million dollar question, which camera and software do you use?

Also, I love the site. I'll have to come back and check your photos when I have more time. I book marked your page.

Offline Axelvold

• Forecaster
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 03:51:13 AM »
Very nice,  =D>
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 08:03:04 AM »
Great quality. The million dollar question, which camera and software do you use?

Also, I love the site. I'll have to come back and check your photos when I have more time. I book marked your page.

Thanks I used a Canon T2i camera and adobe After Effects to put the pictures together in to  a movie. That was a movie of 786 individual pictures taken at a 3 second interval. The total size of the raw files combined was 15.7GB! I plan on doing more will post when I do just getting my feet wet now.

Andy
Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 08:15:32 AM »
Hey Andy.
You need some yellow on the site to go with the packs colors. :grin:
That animation was cool. You also have a great view there to watch the time lapse. Looking forward to see more.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline xykotik

• DonkeyTailWX DW6891
  • Forecaster
  • I'll deal with it tomorrow
    • DonkeyTail Weather
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 11:16:23 AM »
Very nice!  The camera motion for the first several seconds makes the sequence infinitely more interesting than a static position, and you could use footage like that for much more than a weather report, maybe even list it with the stockhouses and make a few bucks.  Stuff like that is great for segues and transitions.

Facit solem suum oriri super bonos et malos et pluit super iustos et iniustos.

Springtime in Seattle...  March comes in like a lion and out like a wet lion.

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 11:45:36 AM »
Very nice!  The camera motion for the first several seconds makes the sequence infinitely more interesting than a static position, and you could use footage like that for much more than a weather report, maybe even list it with the stockhouses and make a few bucks.  Stuff like that is great for segues and transitions.

Thanks for the comments as i said I am planning more time permitting am thinking it would look great to do one with a storm front coming in. I am re-rendering it now to put on you tube the quality seems to be better putting videos on one of the major video sites.

Andy
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

anything