Author Topic: WU Android App Webcam Tile Control  (Read 552 times)

Offline CBXSteve

• WU PWS KTXPATTO2
WU Android App Webcam Tile Control
« on: June 12, 2018, 12:06:35 AM »
Strangely enough, my webcam started working a few weeks ago after being down (on WU's end) for most of a year. Since it's working, I thought it would be nice to view it on my WU android app from time-to-time. I go the the webcam tile in my app, and I see a few cams I looked at years ago, but not my own. I want to delete the ones it's keeping track of, and add mine, but I see no way to do either.  I cant delete the 6 or so that are in there, and I can't add mine.

Is there some way to control what webcams you want to view, or is it permanently stuck in the distant past?

I notice that if I turn on "webcams" in the feature selector for the mobile WUndermap, I can see an icon for my webcam, but it crashes the app when I try to play a time-lapse, and it doesn't seem to have any effect on the webcam tile selection anyway.

Offline Maverick3837

Re: WU Android App Webcam Tile Control
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 02:04:46 AM »
I'm glad that someone else has noticed this, or at the least, posted about it. As I'm sure tons of people already knew about this glitch, I'm also sure that most are tired of trying to keep up with the many other glitches that seem to plague WU. My camera and weather station have both been up almost 100% of the time, since I first added them to WU back in 2015. Looking through all of the posts over the years, it makes me feel like a lottery winner of sorts, as this is not the case for most other members. I added a weather station and a camera for my sister about five months ago, which is about three miles away from mine. Her camera showed up on the Android App for half a day, one week after it went live. It has never showed up again on the app, and I reported this problem to WU months ago. I have tried different settings in her WU account hoping that it may trigger something, but it was nothing but a waste of time. The crashing of the WU app happens to me as well as soon as I try playing a time-lapse of any camera that I pick. Another WU app that's slowly getting worse is WunderStation, for my iOS device. My indoor temperature reading from my Davis Vantage Pro 2 quit displaying on that app just days ago, the webcam image says that it updates but don't, and the radar map shows an image that is sometimes weeks old. 

Offline CBXSteve

• WU PWS KTXPATTO2
Re: WU Android App Webcam Tile Control
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 03:10:26 AM »
My camera and weather station have both been up almost 100% of the time, since I first added them to WU back in 2015. Looking through all of the posts over the years, it makes me feel like a lottery winner of sorts, as this is not the case for most other members.

I've noticed that most cams that work reliably are ones that were established early on, probably a case of them occupying one of the first xxxx records in the database.  As the number of users exceeded the capacity of the (poorly administered) system to process, and assuming they serially processed them starting at record one, the really old cams would always work, really new ones almost never.

anything