Author Topic: Additional temp/humidity sensor for indoor use  (Read 1211 times)

Offline sdc

Additional temp/humidity sensor for indoor use
« on: December 30, 2014, 03:15:34 PM »
Hi

To allow my main unit (WMR180A) to receive signals from the outdoor sensors, I have had to place it in the conservatory.  This works well, and the radio USB receiver is in the study to pass the data to my laptop, which displays/logs the data and also uploads data to Weather Underground.  However... in the colder weather, the indoor temperature display is recording lower temperatures as we often have the conservatory closed, and I wonder therefore how (or even if!) I can reassign an additional temperature/humidity sensor to be the indoor sensor, either on the console or via the software.

Using the Virtual Weather Station software, I realise I can label the display however I wish, so that's no problem; however, I am using Cumulus to upload the data to Weather Underground.  This, as far as I can tell, can't do what I want easily (unless there are cumulus.ini settings I've not seen or properly understood).  Ideally, I would simply tell Cumulus that channel 3 is to be the indoor sensor, and then it (and therefore also Weather Underground) would pick up the readings from that sensor as the indoor readings, which would be more accurate.

Any suggestions on this would be appreciated; many thanks!
Stephen

Offline aweatherguy

• Senior Contributor
    • Weather Station Data Logger
Re: Additional temp/humidity sensor for indoor use
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 08:41:28 PM »
No, you cannot substitute a wireless sensor for the console's indoor readings.

The closest you could get is to put another wireless sensor on a different channel.