Author Topic: ....Will increasing frequency of upload.... OR get an IP cam...?  (Read 2283 times)

Offline ArmySlowRdr

• Senior Contributor
    • South Central Killeen
 I wonder if increasing frequency of upload will help keep the cam "connected" with the software.

Using tincam to upload an image every 15 minutes to my tripod paid site.

Once a day it seems to do something weird. 

Yesterday at about 315 PM it started serving up the same image until after I discovered it after dark and restarted. Funny thing was it was serving up the correct time stamp.  After this I went into power settings and said never to most power conserving options--such as USB hubs and hard drives.

But today at 5:14 and 9 seconds it stuck again; the tincam program preview window was also all white until I ticked in and out of size boxes, then it displayed again and just did a few minutes ago, FTP a new capture.

Anyone knows what gives ?  Or are these programs/cams just useless and I need to go get an IP cam ??? Think increasing say to every 30 seconds scheduled capture could help ??

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
Re: ....Will increasing frequency of upload.... OR get an IP cam...?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »
30 minutes shouldn't matter anymore than 15 minutes unless they have some kind of upload restrictions.
IP cams are great!

Offline ArmySlowRdr

• Senior Contributor
    • South Central Killeen
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 08:43:35 PM »
Well I looked at the tincam log and I see a timeout once and a verify password request once during today's activities. Maybe it is something at Tripod's end. I did notice there was an option to set the timeout option in tincam; I changed it from 5 to 20 seconds.

I will try an IP cam later down the road is problem persists.

Offline ArmySlowRdr

• Senior Contributor
    • South Central Killeen
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 06:33:03 PM »
Well this is disappointing bullcr+p   

The image stopped updating as of around 230 today until I restart the program tincam.  but the date time stamp faithfully update every 15 minute.  How inaccurate is that. For some reason tincam quits doing what it's supposed to do it appears.

Offline ArmySlowRdr

• Senior Contributor
    • South Central Killeen
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 11:56:37 PM »
This unstability along with sensors continually dropping out caused me to take the station off line for quite a few months.  This past weekend I got an IP cam. A cheap D-Link. The stability seems better but the image quality is no where near as good as the Logitech 9000.  Well I guess I'll stick with ti a while again.  Maybe get my anemometer moved up to the roof soon.