Author Topic: Netatmo location incorrect  (Read 1329 times)

Offline b_1_rd

Netatmo location incorrect
« on: March 07, 2018, 05:21:24 PM »
Hi all, my first post here, and hopefully won't get a flaming for having a Netatmo. I know they are not well liked.

I previously had a Fine Offset type station until it broke beyond repair and was recommended a Netatmo by a friend.  With hindsight, I actually wish I'd just got another Fine Offset but too late now and I cant spend mega bucks on a Davis etc.

I know a little bit about weather observations and hopefully have placed the outdoor unit in a place that will avoid any ridiculously inaccurate readings that many Netatmo stations provide when poorly placed by an unknowing owner.

Anyway, on to my reason for posting...

I have moved locations twice in the last year and have tried on each occasion to contact the help@wunderground.com and support@wunderground.com emails to get the station relocated but with no response.  The data remains showing in the old location.

I even tried the old kari@wunderground.com from this blog post but that came back as disabled.

Is there anything else I can do or have wunderground turned their back on Netatmo and just hoping they will all fade into obscurity?

Cheers

Steve

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
Re: Netatmo location incorrect
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 06:42:22 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

I have moved locations twice in the last year
How far did you move from your original location?
This is in WU FAQ.
http://help.wunderground.com/knowledgebase/articles/128977-i-have-moved-how-do-i-change-my-station-informati

But if you view your registered station information, this is what WU states

Your Registered Stations   

If you are moving your PWS more than a few blocks from its current location, you need to sign up for a new station ID.
Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline b_1_rd

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 01:24:08 AM »
Thanks for the reply

I should have mentioned this station was never registered to my account. Netatmo stations automatically feed data.

I have also requested it is associated to my account but again no reply about that.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 11:21:51 AM »
Thanks for the reply

I should have mentioned this station was never registered to my account. Netatmo stations automatically feed data.

I have also requested it is associated to my account but again no reply about that.
I am fairly certain that there is no functionality available at WU to manually move those.  They basically turn into zombies like the rest of the site.  I'm sure the grand plan was to have all that automated, but...  :roll:

Offline b_1_rd

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 12:29:02 PM »
Yep, that’s the way it’s looking. Shame. I used to use the site regularly but now seems to be pretty unreliable.

Thanks for your reply.

anything