Author Topic: APP 3.0 RELEASED FOR iOS AND ANDROID  (Read 1903 times)

Offline SpringHillWeather

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
APP 3.0 RELEASED FOR iOS AND ANDROID
« on: July 23, 2016, 04:39:46 PM »
The new BloomSky App seems to be nice improvement.
Get the lastest update for your devices.

Enjoy!

APP 3.0 RELEASED FOR iOS AND ANDROID
Posted by BloomSky (Creator)
HERE YOU GO!

If you've already downloaded our BloomSky App then you probably have noticed some big changes this morning.

So without further ado, we would like to announce the official release of our newest version of the App for iOS and Android. This has been a collective effort of us and our amazing beta testers from the existing users community. So, let's cut to the chase already!

Key Improvements & New Features;

Updated user interface.
    Color system integrated into map and device/station pages.
    Legend that depicts the correlation of color with data points and what the numbers & data means.
    Ability to customize the App with a choice of using interpreted weather data related to dew point, air pressure, and UV exposure or numerical weather data.
    STORM ready!

We hope you will enjoy what we have been working on for months together with you, and we want to continue to improve the App experience through your feedback. Help us build a better community and please rate us in App Store and Google Play!

Enjoy!

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew
Ambient 1001 | ObserverIP | Meteobridge | MeteoPlug

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
Re: APP 3.0 RELEASED FOR iOS AND ANDROID
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 05:01:57 PM »
Don't like it.
They put the color coded image on just over a third of the picture??
Don't know what they were thinking. Doesn't seem to be a way of getting rid of it either.
Just as well. I use the url to access the images anyway instead of the app. It's bigger and you zoom in and out.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 05:29:41 PM »
Don't like it.
Don't know what they were thinking. Doesn't seem to be a way of getting rid of it either.
Just as well. I use the url to access the images anyway instead of the app. It's bigger and you zoom in and out.

This was a question asked during the beta.  The overlay was originally on a mirror of the image which was strange looking and feedback was given. 
However overlapping the image with the temp doesn't seem the best way to go now.   I'm sure they will be much feedback regarding this and they change it. 
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 09:16:52 PM »
Don't like it.

They updated the APP again and they must have listened to you.  You can now drag down the screen so it doesn't overlay the image now.   =D>
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 12:53:40 PM »
I did some reading sort of related, but not ....the new Sky2  will be easier to set up, it goes bluetooth, but transmission is wifi.    I think I am going to wait until my version1 is working.

Now if they would come up with a better way to connect to Weather Underground.  I can't seem to connect.  and so is life.

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 01:07:32 PM »
I did some reading sort of related, but not ....the new Sky2  will be easier to set up, it goes bluetooth, but transmission is wifi.    I think I am going to wait until my version1 is working.

Now if they would come up with a better way to connect to Weather Underground.  I can't seem to connect.  and so is life.

The Sky2 will be a newer model of the original and you can add the Storm unit which is measures wind and rain to either the original or newer Sky2. 

I did sign up for the kick-starter for the Storm to add to my original Sky.   

Did you try using the http://wun.bloomsky.com page to add your station to Wunderground?

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 02:42:03 PM »
is that WU app just for data?  I send data via Davis VP2 already.  If it were the camera image, i would be interested.

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 05:09:01 PM »
is that WU app just for data?  I send data via Davis VP2 already.  If it were the camera image, i would be interested.

You can register the BloomSky with WU and it will get its own StationID.  Then the WU site will show the BloomSky data like other stations.  You can also link the Webcam to the station in WU.   Its also possible to link the Bloomsky image to other WU stations you own if you wanted to.

Here is my BloomSky station on Wunderground:
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNYNEWYO543
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

anything