Author Topic: Resetting without loosing info  (Read 479 times)

Offline Jo060

Resetting without loosing info
« on: February 12, 2019, 09:36:04 PM »
My 5 in 1 has lost connection a few times despite the sensor only being about 60 ft away with fresh batteries. It'll hold full bars for about 2 weeks then drop connection to the sensor and I have to pull batteries/unplug.
Is there anyway to reset just the connection between the 2 units without having to completely wipe all the stored info?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Resetting without loosing info
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 10:02:18 PM »
My 5 in 1 has lost connection a few times despite the sensor only being about 60 ft away with fresh batteries. It'll hold full bars for about 2 weeks then drop connection to the sensor and I have to pull batteries/unplug.
Is there anyway to reset just the connection between the 2 units without having to completely wipe all the stored info?

Try switching the A/B/C switch of the console to a different channel, wait a bit (maybe a few minutes), then switch back to the original.

What you want to do is get the console back into "scanning" mode where it's looking for a signal without regard to the update interval (i.e. it keeps monitoring full-time instead of just every 18 seconds).  Usually when it is in this mode, the wireless indicator will be flashing (at least on the older LCD models).

I'm not sure how long it takes before it starts the re-scan on its own.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 06:48:28 AM »
Why am I thinking that this is another flaky 5-in-1 that keeps randomly changing sensor addresses every few weeks like mine did for years?????
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Jo060

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 06:50:42 AM »

Try switching the A/B/C switch of the console to a different channel, wait a bit (maybe a few minutes), then switch back to the original.

What you want to do is get the console back into "scanning" mode where it's looking for a signal without regard to the update interval (i.e. it keeps monitoring full-time instead of just every 18 seconds).  Usually when it is in this mode, the wireless indicator will be flashing (at least on the older LCD models).

I'm not sure how long it takes before it starts the re-scan on its own.

Ah good advice! I'll give this a shot next time.

Offline Jo060

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 10:26:39 AM »
It lost connection again. I tried switching from A to B and it seemed to work after 2 min or so.
This is a bit frustrating.. It worked so well for about 2 weeks.
It used to show full bars now it's down to 1 sometimes jumps to full.

EDIT: It just lost connection again  :evil:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 10:37:33 AM by Jo060 »

anything