Author Topic: Are Ambient model weather stations compatible with VWS  (Read 1869 times)

Offline crazydaveiowa

Are Ambient model weather stations compatible with VWS
« on: July 15, 2012, 11:15:26 AM »
Hi,
This may be a dumb question;
Are Ambient model weather stations compatible with the Ambient virtual weather station software?
On the Ambient web site under the compatible page Ambient weather stations are not listed.
Thanks
Dave In Iowa

Online Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Re: Are Ambient model weather stations compatible with VWS
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 09:55:10 AM »
The WS-1090 and the WS-2080 comes with its own software and will work with the "Donationware" software from Sandysoft called Cumulus.
The WS-1090 IP uploads the data to weather sharing sites. I remoted my weather station and checked the stations listed in VWS and did not see any Ambient stations.

Offline crazydaveiowa

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 10:29:27 AM »
Thanks for the info.
Is Cumulus similiar to VWS?
I'll look it up.
Dave

Online Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 01:21:32 PM »
Cumulus is "donation ware" not freeware or shareware. That is....you make a donation to the author. There are no trial periods or locked out features. You get a fully functional package. However, it is nice that you make a donation for the author's efforts. I think it is a very nice product that is easy to set up and provides features that many of the other software packages offer. Question is...why the Ambient only weather station ? Is it price versus the more expensive and expansive systems like the Davis Vue or Vantage Pro2 ?

anything