Author Topic: USERNAMES WITH WEATHER?  (Read 21207 times)

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
USERNAMES WITH WEATHER?
« on: November 01, 2010, 08:48:40 PM »
I know I've posted a lot lately, but this came to mind: Most people come up with their usernames from memorable experiences tht have happened in everyday life... Is this true??

I got my username from living on a farmstead in central WV. I have always chattered a bit too much about weather so hence "Farmtalk"

How id you come up with your username?

New updated version of my blog has been created... If you have time, try to put a couple of posts on the forum I'v built... I know it's bad now, but I think that the more people that join, the better the forum and blog will be... I love comments!! Thanks to anyone who checks my blog out!!

http://theweatherwatcher.wordpress.com/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 10:07:55 PM by farmtalk »
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
Re: USERNAMES WITH WEATHER?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 10:53:13 PM »
.... Most people come up with their usernames from memorable experiences tht have happened in everyday life... Is this true??....

Obviously I did not put quite that much effort into mine.   :mrgreen:
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 10:57:49 PM »
You're very funny Mark.... It's okay, some people like to do that reverse-psycology stuff..... I say you thought that was original because nobody puts their first name and state as a username.....

COOL NAME!

:grin: :-) 8-)
Joe Fitzwater

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 11:56:41 PM »
.... Most people come up with their usernames from memorable experiences tht have happened in everyday life... Is this true??....

I used to work in Findlay.  So I understand.  :)
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 08:08:53 AM »
Yea, not a lot of thought into mine either.

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 08:16:19 AM »
Sophistication isnt mandtory for usernames..... No offense but ive never her of dacula, Geogria... 

Is it changed to Dracula on Halloween?

www.theweatherwatcher.wordpress.com
Joe Fitzwater

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 08:23:25 AM »
I was going to change it but never got around to it. I do change the banners every season though. Sometime during the week of Thanksgiving I'll change over to the winter images.

No, I wouldn't expect anyone to have heard of Dacula unless they live here. While there is a "town" of Dacula, Dacula is mostly just an area surrounding the town. I think on my website it says that within a 5 mile radius of the town, there are about 85,000 people, so it's a well populated suburb!

Offline wxtech

• Weather Equipment Technician
  • Forecaster
  • USAF Weather Equipment Maintenance Tech (retired)
    • Lexington, Ga. Weather
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 08:51:45 AM »
Hello, I'm Wxtech.  That's an abbreviation for Weather Technician.  Actually it's a shortened version of Weather Equipment Technician.  My last USAF job was working as a weather equipment maintenance tech. 
Now my hobby is 'playing' with weather sensor and recording equipment.  I've worked on everything from glass thermometers to weather radar.  Now I'm playing with solar cells/panels, wind sensors & rain sensors.
Wx is an old telegraph abbreviation for weather.   
Al Washington, Lexington, Ga.,  NWS Coop station=LXTG1, Fischer Porter, SRG, MMTS. 
CoCoRaHS=GA-OG-1. CWOP=CW2074.  Davis VP2+ WLIP 5.9.2, VP(original) serial, VWS v15.00 p02. ImageSalsa, Win7 & Win8 all-in-one.

Offline gadget_guy

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 11:15:09 AM »
The story behind my user name gadget_guy is real simple.  I like lots of toys.  Alas, that's also the reason why there is no early retirement in the works for me.  Sigh!  Can't have everything.  But I'm very happy with what I have!

KVAMCGAH2 - Massanutten VA Davis
KVAMASSA2 -Massanutten VA Oregon Scientific
WA2ONG

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 12:17:05 PM »
Mine was not based on weather.  It was based on the model of car I had at the time, a  2004 Pontiac Grand Prix.

Here is my very old page for the car.  http://home.comcast.net/~warren.family/GP.html
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 12:31:37 PM »
I didnt think much about it. I was involved in forums in the past (including a defunk weather forum) where some hid behind their aliases and there were of course, problems. I did try to come up with one on this forum when I joined but nothing came to mind.

Hey just want you to know that I meant nothing when I asked about your blog Farmtalk but we had an incident here with a "weather site" that was really a blog with borrowed weather info which led to some problems. Also there was a posting here some time back that had a link in it that wasn't appropriate for this forum.  I didnt see the other posting about your info.

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 12:33:54 PM »
Mine was not based on weather.  It was based on the model of car I had at the time, a  2004 Pontiac Grand Prix.

Here is my very old page for the car.  http://home.comcast.net/~warren.family/GP.html

I have kinda the same thing. http://www.crystalridge.net, just click on the cars link. I haven't worked on the cars pages in a while, another project yet unfinished.

Offline gadget_guy

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 12:54:47 PM »
Sam:  At last the mystery is solved.  I never could figure out how you arrived at your screen name.  Nothing I tried made sense.  Now I can sleep easy  :lol:

KVAMCGAH2 - Massanutten VA Davis
KVAMASSA2 -Massanutten VA Oregon Scientific
WA2ONG

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 01:12:24 PM »
its cool garth bock..... I come with no negative infuences toward this blog.... Im justa weather homie :grin:

you get your name from Garth Brooks?  :-P
Joe Fitzwater

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 01:31:07 PM »
   Mine is just the result of not using my imagination much.  It mainly comes from my liking trains alot and I am told I say things like "see you down the line" or "What is next down the line?".  I don't think I say that very much but that is what popped into my head.  The z2 has no meaning at all. Just added it to make it more unique! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)  Like it isn't unique on it's own! :lol: :roll: #-o ;)

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »
I always thought that downlinerz2 was on of the better usernames on the blog...

ATTENTION: anyone reading this post, I am looking for people to start a bunch of new topics on my blog.... Would b very much apprecated!

Joe Fitzwater

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 01:49:31 PM »
I always thought that downlinerz2 was on of the better usernames on the blog...
ATTENTION: anyone reading this post, I am looking for people to start a bunch of new topics on my blog.... Would b very much apprecated!
   Thanks.   I will be thinking of new topics for you and let you know.  Good luck.
Looks like fun!!!
    Mark

Offline KeithBC

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 02:25:29 PM »
Same here.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 02:52:55 PM »
Ocala,Florida :-)

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 05:03:24 PM »
its cool garth bock..... I come with no negative infuences toward this blog.... Im justa weather homie :grin:

you get your name from Garth Brooks?  :-P

As I say...."I'm a whole lot older and a whole lot poorer than he is"....LOL...I was named after an author mom was readying in the winter of '54 (I was born in '55) and the last name's lineage comes from Bock beer in what was called Prussia....back then we were the Von Bocks....Time Magazine had my great-grand uncle on the cover in '45....Field Marshall Fedor Von Bock....

Any hoo I am a dance dj and instructor on the side and because of my name I get alot of yer kiddings...and the no really what is your first name....

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 06:36:16 PM »
im excited about everyone wanting to help wth the blog.... That is a dream come true....

Scalphunter, it is people like you who us Americans look up to...

Ocala....is that east central Florida?
Joe Fitzwater

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 10:40:25 PM »
  Mine is just the result of not using my imagination much.  It mainly comes from my liking trains alot and I am told I say things like "see you down the line" or "What is next down the line?".  I don't think I say that very much but that is what popped into my head.  The z2 has no meaning at all. Just added it to make it more unique! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)  Like it isn't unique on it's own! :lol: :roll: #-o ;)

Here I thought all along maybe you were fond of down lined coats.   #-o   :lol:
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 10:54:26 PM »
   Mine is just the result of not using my imagination much.  It mainly comes from my liking trains alot and I am told I say things like "see you down the line" or "What is next down the line?".  I don't think I say that very much but that is what popped into my head.  The z2 has no meaning at all. Just added it to make it more unique! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)  Like it isn't unique on it's own! :lol: :roll: #-o ;)
Here I thought all along maybe you were fond of down lined coats.   #-o   :lol:
   Well, you don't actually think I was telling the truth there do you?? :---) ;) :roll: :lol: I have always had a "thing" for down lined coats (shoes too)! ;) 8-[  To tell the truth I have often wondered what people thought about how I got that name. I don't have enough imagination to come with something really cool.  Same thing happens whenever I have to name a dog or cat.  Can never think of anything really good when you need it. 

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2010, 11:04:09 PM »
it happens to everyone amigo  (My spanish alter-ego Pedro is spewing out of me.... RUN!!) :-P :lol:
Joe Fitzwater

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 12:08:36 AM »
Another screen name I've used is "antennaman" which also is my CB handle.  Back in the early 1980s there was an "elevatorman" and "mailman" on the CB in town.  So I figured "antennaman" would work.  I was a vocational electronics geek that pulled into the high school parking lot with a 102" CB whip, short mag mount scanner and FM antennas on my hot rod 73 Omega sedan.  :roll: So it seemed to fit when talking to my other buddies on CB.  One buddy also sported a 102" CB whip on his 64 Chevy Malibu sedan, another drove a Vega and another drove a Pinto.  So I was in good company.   :mrgreen:

We'd get there about an hour early along with the vocational auto mechanics.  We would chit chat and make bets over the radio which one of those guys were going to blow an engine or drop a tranny first in their old 60's and 70's bombers smoking tires in the lot.  One day we got a little worried though when one of the nuts right across from us in his 66 Ford Galaxie 500 managed to shift through 3 gears all while setting on an ice puddle with only the rear tires.   :shock:  Lucky he did not melt through to pavement and wipe us all out like a bowling ball through pins!   :lol:

Now I've really rambled off topic outside the "off topic" forum.   ;)

Mark 

anything