Author Topic: improving the the WS1001 (clones) screen layout  (Read 42338 times)

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
improving the the WS1001 (clones) screen layout
« on: October 01, 2015, 07:25:51 AM »
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 03:28:07 AM by weatherist34 »

Offline 49er

Re: improving the the WS1001 (clones) screen layout
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 11:41:14 AM »
THANK YOU!!!! It's beautiful..

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 10:35:50 PM »
don't forget

in europe we use 433 mhz in US 915mhz for the sensor unit

in the folder Update EasyWeather

you need to edit the main.ini file then do the upgrade again via micro sdcard

so in the main.ini file change this to Frequency=915M as shown below

[Main]
Title=WS-1001
Version=2.2.5
Update Time=2015-01-01 12:00:00

[Option]
WH26=false
Transmitter=WH24
Frequency=915M
Units=Metric
Langue=English
TimeZone=15
LuxToWM2=1267
UVISlope=100
Backlight=false
Brightness=false
StationID=ISTANBUL161
Password=xxxxxxx

hope that helps.

Offline phillyman

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 09:37:41 AM »
Wow, once I've fixed some problems with my weather station I look forward to giving this a try. Am I correct that as part of this design change one loses the temperature graph over 72 hrs? Not temporarily as with any firmware reset but that it is replaced?
The screenshot seems to indicate that to me. Is it possible to choose the graph?

Thanks,
Philly

Offline 49er

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 04:54:36 PM »
I was able to get the new screen layout by uploading to 2.2.5 via microSD but it was not communicating with the sensor. Tried above "fix" by setting Frequency to 915M and now my console does not recognize the firmware change when inserting the microSD card.  Instead it just boots up with the new display [2.2.5] and does not ask me for permission to update by press any key and thus still no communication with sensor. So I thought that I would just revert back to 2.2.2 but inserting the card with that version still does not ask me to update and display is still stuck with 2.2.5.  :-(
Are there any other changes that I could do to the .ini files in order for the console to recognize the new (or old) firmware??? Or am I going to have to connect my laptop up to the console via USB and make some sort of changes directly to the files on the console?

Offline phillyman

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 01:00:34 AM »
Hi,

I was able to fix my weather station and deleted a semi related but now outdated post. I have two questions for you.

1. Does this work with WS 1000? The reason I ask is that our newest firmware is 1.12.1 and not near 2.2.5 also there are numerous warnings not to upgrade to X.X if one is not already at 2.0.0 or one risks "bricking' the station. I made a mistake with the original firmware with taking a too new version of the 1001 (not intended of course for the 1000) and it did not correctly update. I was very lucky and could revert back to the 1000 version (1.12.1) That is why I ask if I really can go to 2.2.5

2. If it does work and I try it, am I correct that we lose the historical graph in the top left? I ask because that is one of the surprise favorite features/views of my family. They like to visualize the temperature fluctuations over a couple of days. On your screenshot it seems to be missing. I wasn't sure if it can be substituted in the settings but I doubt it.

3. Again looks very snazzy!

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 05:49:41 AM »
I was able to get the new screen layout by uploading to 2.2.5 via microSD but it was not communicating with the sensor. Tried above "fix" by setting Frequency to 915M and now my console does not recognize the firmware change when inserting the microSD card.  Instead it just boots up with the new display [2.2.5] and does not ask me for permission to update by press any key and thus still no communication with sensor. So I thought that I would just revert back to 2.2.2 but inserting the card with that version still does not ask me to update and display is still stuck with 2.2.5.  :-(
Are there any other changes that I could do to the .ini files in order for the console to recognize the new (or old) firmware??? Or am I going to have to connect my laptop up to the console via USB and make some sort of changes directly to the files on the console?

hi

connect the unit to windows pc , the unit should show up as NAND in the my computer screen, drag the main.ini file over to your desktop and edit the line , save it and drag it back over and reboot.  the original way I was always editing live from the usb connection as opposed to scared updates every time .

however I am sure somewhere in the forum section there is mention of changing the date at the top of the main.in file , never done it myself but i guess changing it a later date than the one shown below. or even change the version number to 2.2.6 might work as well.

[Main]
Title=WS-1001
Version=2.2.5
Update Time=2015-01-01 12:00:00

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 05:55:56 AM »
Hi,

I was able to fix my weather station and deleted a semi related but now outdated post. I have two questions for you.

1. Does this work with WS 1000? The reason I ask is that our newest firmware is 1.12.1 and not near 2.2.5 also there are numerous warnings not to upgrade to X.X if one is not already at 2.0.0 or one risks "bricking' the station. I made a mistake with the original firmware with taking a too new version of the 1001 (not intended of course for the 1000) and it did not correctly update. I was very lucky and could revert back to the 1000 version (1.12.1) That is why I ask if I really can go to 2.2.5

2. If it does work and I try it, am I correct that we lose the historical graph in the top left? I ask because that is one of the surprise favorite features/views of my family. They like to visualize the temperature fluctuations over a couple of days. On your screenshot it seems to be missing. I wasn't sure if it can be substituted in the settings but I doubt it.

3. Again looks very snazzy!

really can't help you there with WS1000 however themeing the WS1000 will probably be the same layout but your right WS1000 is using a totally different firmware. yes every upgrade firmware you will lose the historical data however you still see the graphs as normal you don't lose anything and after 72 hours your back to normal full graph display, the weather icons are displayed when switched by using the graph button. by default in the 2.2.5 they are disabled .

switch them on with shown below in the main.ini file using false.. note they are relative to barometer changes they do not reflect true outside weather conditions.

[Function]
Autolight=true
DST=true
DatFile=false
FileUnit=false
NotUV=false
GraphApi=true    true or false
SunMoon=true
HeatIndex=true
ConnPC=true
WH60=false

Offline phillyman

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 08:57:29 AM »
thanks for the info, I'll give it a try.

Offline 49er

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 03:11:03 PM »
Re: changing firmware from 433M to 915M
I'd done the console update via SD card to your 2.2.5 flawlessly and because my console is hardwired onto a wall, I thought that I would try to change the version DATE to a later date via SD card and curiously that did not work. Then tried changing the version to 2.2.6 via SD card and curiously that did not work either. So how the heck does it recognize firmware updates???
So I dragged a laptop over to the wall unit and connected it via USB and changed the file via your instructions and voila, instant success!
Within five minutes, I received this email from wunderground:
ATTENTION: Weather Station Owner
Congratulations! Your personal weather station (ID #KCAGRASS50) is back online!
You can see your PWS data here: http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KCAGRASS50
THANKS again for the cool display layout, but do let us know if there is any way to change the background to the lighter colored version... :-)

Offline diego

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 12:19:36 PM »
hi friends
the way to don't clear the database ,when you update must change this option in "update.ini"
[Main]
Version=2.2.5
Update Time=2015-08-01 12:00:00
Hardware=2.0
Initialize=true
Update=all
Delete=all
DeleteParam=false
DeleteDatabase=false

[Delete]
;file1=EasyWeather.exe
;file2=Themes\

[Update]
;file1=EasyWeather.exe
;file2=Themes\

then the console don`t clear the database
in my last update i can't clear database

Offline 49er

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 01:16:03 PM »
"hi friends
the way to don't clear the database ,when you update must change this option in "update.ini"

Wish I would have known that sooner! Oh well. No great loss--have only had my station a few months.

However, I would like to restore the .20 inches of rain that we have had so far this season. I haven't looked too hard for the solution but does anyone know how to do that or where I might find the info??

Offline stuff2447

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 03:30:55 PM »
 Under the Setup - Calibration screen, you can manually re-enter your rainfall values for the day, week, month and year.
Scott Tuff
Hollywood, FL

Offline STeelybeast

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 08:15:55 AM »
Upgraded in about 5 seconds with no problems. Great job on the screen as many times better than the original. Hoping the old burn-in images from the original format will go away as giving it a ghost effect.

Offline Miroslav

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 12:44:55 PM »
Updating Instructions:
1. Download the zip file (below) to your your computer
2. Extract the zip file.
3. Copy the extracted folder Update EasyWeather to your MicroSD Card
4.turn off unit (unplug) insert MicroSD Card
5.turn on unit you should see a message to update press any key to continue.
6.unit will update to firmware 2.2.5 with new theme files installed .
7.you will lose historical data which is normal during any firmware update.
8.you will need to add your weather underground details again and your wireless details , also time,lat long .
9. this is done at your own risk and you will void your warranty by doing so . .

download http://www.idesign34.com/pwszip/themezip.zip

I Mirek from the Czech Republic and I am very interested update to firmware 2.2.5 design HomeWeatherStation.
I plan to buy a model HP1000 (jeoznačení manufacturer's Fine offset).
Do you think it will be possible to update this station like this?

How they look in a new design, as well as other sites on the station - I mean design graphs etc. Do you have any pictures?

Thank you for answer
Mirek

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 04:26:05 AM »
hi

think you are asking can you update that model? yes it is possible however you need to check the firmware version when you have received it .

it is not possible to change the appearance of graph layouts this area is written in the firmware executable file .

it only possible to change the appearance via image layout .

do I have pictures ?  are you asking pictures of how to upgrade?

as always all firmware upgrades are done at your own risk so please be careful and please do some research on how to upgrade never assume .

this firmware modification download will not work with WS1000 only WS1001 models and clones.

have fun .

Offline Miroslav

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 04:47:53 AM »
hi
thank you so much for the info. I mean picture screens which are graphs. Just look how others viewed pages on the weather station.
And another question.
It is also possible for the lower model (WS1000) set of wundergroud, displayed on a Web page, such as the view from within a form, such as .:http://wetter.koglerau.at/

What is the requirement for firmware that is appropriate for the update? I mean, that version must be listed on the station?

thank you, Mirek

Offline Aircub

• Twinfirs Broadstone
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2015, 01:01:56 PM »
Great design a big improvement over the factory version.

However i have a question. Your screen design is very one colour, is this becasue the screen itself does not have great colour. It is possible to change the colour of the units from white to another colour?

Thanks  Karl

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2015, 01:06:33 PM »
Great design a big improvement over the factory version.

However i have a question. Your screen design is very one colour, is this becasue the screen itself does not have great colour. It is possible to change the colour of the units from white to another colour?

Thanks  Karl

it is possible but there not fonts the actual units are built on a png sprite it would take days to make and a lot of trial of and error getting it right . i went for white(ish) .

Offline Aircub

• Twinfirs Broadstone
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2015, 01:07:48 PM »
Ok, understand.

Offline Miroslav

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2015, 10:04:35 AM »
Hi,

Please provide explanations concerning vs WS1000 WS1001. Surely this will be of interest to other participants in this forum.

On the official website ambientweather.com is the product WS-1001-WIFI OBSERVER, a guide to station WS1000 model? See: http://www.ambientweather.com/amws1000wifi.html
Instructions stated:

I searched the internet for a long time the differences between these models and the only explanation I have found that the WS1001 is:
1st more memory (I do not know what is more memory, 38 or 39 megabytes?)
Second displaying east sunset and moon phase

Manufacturer of Fine Offset Electronics Co., Ltd., has officially only one model (WS1000)
http://www.foshk.com/Weather_Professional/

On your picture what model station? I see that he does not displaying sunrise / sunset - it is therefore WS1000 ??

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2015, 10:14:51 AM »
i think you answered your own question

ws1001 and ws1000 are two different models and the features you highlighted are not available on ws1000

39m is 39 megabytes storage

3826M is 3826MB storage

ws1001 clones http://www.foshk.com/Weather_Professional/HP1000.htm

ws1000 clones http://www.foshk.com/Weather_Professional/HP1003.htm

i don't own ws1000 so i can't give you any more specific details or clarify anything regarding that model perhaps someone here owns the ws1000 can be more specific.
screenshot is an old model i believe

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:16:53 AM by weatherist34 »

Offline Miroslav

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2015, 10:25:03 AM »
Hi,

thank you very much for your quick response.
I'm not sure looking at your picture. Is there a model station in the old firmware (without showing the sunrise / sunset) and the next image in new firmware with sunrise / sunset.

This firmware update 2.2.5 offers a others newly show (I mean the sunrise / sunset) ???

thank Mirek

Offline Miroslav

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2015, 10:37:14 AM »
Hi,
Thank you for your link

If I please have one answer.
I do not understand English well - please, what does that mean? "Certain makeup and you are running Firmware Version 2.xx"

The update is necessary to download gradually? Or you can skip several versions ..

thank Mirek

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2015, 10:41:19 AM »
2.2.5 můžete použít pokud máte verzi 2 nebo výše, pokud potřebujete poradit s anglinou, klidně sem pošlete link nebo napište, rád pomůžu

anything