Author Topic: Connect timeout  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Solly

Connect timeout
« on: May 26, 2015, 02:03:35 PM »
Running Cumulus with my Weather station and are linked to Weather Underground,got the error message connect timeout when I want to do a webupdate

I cannot read my weather station data on my computer and cannot upload it on the web

Weather station IWESTERN 269

Any help
Solly

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Connect timeout
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 06:10:48 PM »
I get a:
Personal Weather Station Tevrede Farm,Riviersonderend IWESTERN269 About this PWS   |   Report      This PWS is not reporting
got the error message connect timeout when I want to do a webupdate
How are you trying to do a webupdate?
I cannot read my weather station data on my computer and cannot upload it on the web
Can you provide more details what this means - What version of Cumulus?  Cumulus not running?  Cumulus running but no data?  What web site are you trying to upload to?  Screen shot of your WU upload details in Cumulus (remove password).  Anything else you can provide?

Paul

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 07:18:37 PM »
Yes it could be something as simple as password, or ftp address. Are you sending data anywhere else, did it work before and stop, need more information as Paul said.
Randy

Offline Solly

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 12:49:10 PM »
Running Cumulus 1.9.4 version

Oregen Scientific WMR 200 is connected to computer and PWS are linked to Wunderground ,IWESTERN 269

Try to upload on my Cumulus, webupdate under files, but get Connect timeout error message
Cannot get updated data on the Cumulus page

Attached screenshot

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 03:30:01 PM »
Screen shot shows you not connected with weather station. It will give an error for sure trying to upload.

Still need more information did it ever work?  Any other places that connections work like CWOP, PWS, WOW  etc.where uploads are successful.

Sending screen shot where its obvious Cumulus isn't connected with weather station doesn't help either.
Randy

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 03:31:46 PM »
Before you can upload you need to get Cumulus to receive data from your weather station, which according to your screen shot is not yet happening. 

I presume you have the weather station connected to your computer which is running Cumulus.  You are then also trying to have Cumulus uoload to WU.  You also have a website and are trying to do a Manual [File] [Update] is that correct?  Could you provide a link to that website.

Can you also provide a screen shot of the Cumulus Configuration "Station" and also "Internet" settings so we can see if something may not be set correctly.

Paul

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 03:43:43 PM »

Sending screen shot where its obvious Cumulus isn't connected with weather station doesn't help either.

Correction maybe it did help. If never connected in the first place.  #-o
Randy

Offline Solly

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 10:32:56 PM »
Hope it will help

Offline Solly

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 10:34:50 PM »
Station settings

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 12:23:32 AM »
I may not be much help as I don't have an Oregon WMR200, but several questions on your setup:
In Station settings:
should the Use data logger not be ticked?
I have seen mention of the WMR200 as USB rather than Serial.  If Serial is COM Port 0 correct on your computer for the station?

In Internet Settings:
Web Site -
Host name seems incorrect (likely should be your site/IP address on your webserver)
Directory is missing unless your website is in your root
User name seems incorrect for access to your webhost

Web Settings:
PWS Weather is ticked as Enabled but no Station ID or password.

I suggest you become familiar with all the settings using the Help on each screen.  Then if any specific questions post that. 

You may get better help by continuing your post http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13863&p=107839&hilit=Weather+station+IWESTERN+269#p107839

Paul