Author Topic: Template for Banner Generator Scripts  (Read 1043 times)

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
Template for Banner Generator Scripts
« on: June 01, 2015, 09:48:12 AM »
I'm currently working on a MeteoBridge template to work with banner generating scripts! If anyone is interested in trying it out let me know! I should be finished shortly1

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Template for Banner Generator Scripts
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 07:31:52 PM »
So I guess it is now finished :) But the script could be done in a much simpler way, I will make a different one, which will be just for meteobridge. The one I made for you is just with minimal adjustments to the original WD one so that it works, but its not very "clean code" :D

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 07:35:52 PM »
So I guess it is now finished :) But the script could be done in a much simpler way, I will make a different one, which will be just for meteobridge. The one I made for you is just with minimal adjustments to the original WD one so that it works, but its not very "clean code" :D
Yup! I was trying to make one that put the MB data into a WD format but that didnt work so you helped make the script read the MB data!

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 07:46:37 PM »
THe thing is, you should always try to adjust the script to fit the format rather than trying to change the original txt file to fit a script made for a different software, and in this case it was even impossible due to the way the script was made you would never get this working just by adjusting the MB txt file.

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 07:47:52 PM »
THe thing is, you should always try to adjust the script to fit the format rather than trying to change the original txt file to fit a script made for a different software, and in this case it was even impossible due to the way the script was made you would never get this working just by adjusting the MB txt file.
I'm working on teaching myself JavaScript :D

anything