Author Topic: Acurite Access Tweaking Out?  (Read 487 times)

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
  • AcuRite Atlas (wind ext. & lightning detector)
Acurite Access Tweaking Out?
« on: November 12, 2018, 10:08:00 PM »
I just noticed out of nowhere MyAcurite just recorded 256 lightning strikes from my Atlas. My display has not received a single lightning strike today. My display has full reception from my Atlas. I checked and there is no lightning nearby. I am thinking the Acurite server freaked out briefly with the Access because nothing odd is recorded on my display. Anyone have a similar observation or have any thoughts? I am attaching some screenshots. [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:14:14 PM by Mirwin275 »

Offline radioman61

Re: Acurite Access Tweaking Out?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 11:10:23 AM »
I've had a few false strikes when it was clear and windy...maybe 2 or 3 and it's only happened twice.  They always show 19 miles however.  I don't consider this to be a defect because wind can build static that will end up discharging somewhere.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 12:44:00 PM »
Since your display didn't show it, it's most likely a back-end error.

In the past a few people have also seen spurious wind and rain readings that don't show up on their local console.  I've no idea how those errors get introduced, but it doesn't seem to be the fault of the local gear.

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
  • AcuRite Atlas (wind ext. & lightning detector)
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 01:04:28 PM »
Since your display didn't show it, it's most likely a back-end error.

In the past a few people have also seen spurious wind and rain readings that don't show up on their local console.  I've no idea how those errors get introduced, but it doesn't seem to be the fault of the local gear.

That was my thinking, so I am not that concerned. I just was curious if anyone knew why or experienced  something similar. There were a couple times when I took the batteries out and put them back in from the lightning detector issue and had a 153 mph windspeed show up.

anything