Author Topic: Had a wee storm yesterday  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
Had a wee storm yesterday
« on: August 14, 2018, 01:40:57 AM »
Hi folks

I small storm past yesterday, no lightning, but the wind went from wee to 44mph with torrential rain and some thunder to the annoyance of my boys, theres a video on youtube, thunder in the 1st half, USAF Osprey at about 7mins and then the rain comes, it was pouring off my conservatory, totally missing the guttering. Video is prob boring to most and done on my Note 5 so not the best lol (processing at the mo) https://youtu.be/mwopJIY6yNM

Kind regards
Bashy

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
Re: Had a wee storm yesterday
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 06:30:27 AM »
and then the rain comes, it was pouring off my conservatory, totally missing the guttering.

I hate that.  I did metal roofing a few years back and one of the first things I noticed  is that with heavy rains, the flow will overshoot the gutters, splashing down onto the deck.  Never had that happen with shingles.

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 12:54:59 AM »
Having looked at the guttering, it looks like its set too far back, the over hang is over half way across the gutter, who ever put that up needs shooting :/
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 05:26:14 AM »
It only reached 111mm/hr that storm and my record was 480mm/hr, that was on July 27th this year :)
I do love a good storm but 1 of my dogs hates then, turns in to a gibbering, slobbering, shaking wreck :( and i do worry about lightning strikes hitting the mast, it would  take out the summer house and the hundreds of pounds worth of equipment on
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 05:32:24 AM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 05:26:35 AM »
We had similar storm yesterday without the wind converting to mm 43.5 (1.71") with rate reaching 100 mm (3.93") hour.

Worst storm I've experienced was this year also where rain rate reached 457mm (18") hr. zero visibility, recorded wind 74 mph but with extensive damage several hundred snapped and uprooted trees estimated winds reached 85-90 mph.

They are still doing cleanup here 3 weeks later from storm with many homes damaged from fallen and snapped large trees limbs into houses.
Randy