Author Topic: Atlas on Amazon  (Read 10546 times)

Offline benay ra'am

• Senior Contributor

CoCoRaHS: NC-JH-80

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Atlas on Amazon
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 04:26:44 PM »
Out of stock x3.  BFD.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 04:32:27 PM »
It gives us a hint of where the MSRP is. So I assume the Atlas Elite will be $400 (or more).
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 04:37:11 PM »
At least we have an idea at the final street price.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline dport

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 05:54:37 PM »
Great info. Who cares if it's out of stock? This is more than we've seen or heard recently, at least from what I know. Nice to know pricing.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 06:57:06 PM »
sweet if that will be the price I can handle that!!  \:D/ \:D/
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline benay ra'am

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 08:34:36 PM »
I would be in line for the Atlas Sensor if they are going to be backward compatible to the acurite's fairly new HD Display.

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 08:29:27 AM »
Nice find! Now we have an idea of the price. I have to imagine it'll be out soon if it's showing up on Amazon like that.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline dport

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 09:40:07 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/140-3650678-2259237?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=acurite+atlas

Wow!  The Atlas Elite is listed at $599 on amazon. Steeper than I thought.  At that rate you can pay about a hundred bucks more to get a VP2 with FARS and the loggers to get it online.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 09:41:53 AM by dport »

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 10:31:17 AM »
Hard to know any details by reading Amazon's descriptions, but it seems to me that the new HD Display is going to be a WI-FI hotspot and be an replacement for the Smarthub.

$199.99 - Atlas 7 & Smarthub
$199.99 - Atlas 7 & WI-FI HD Display
$299.99 - Atlas 8 with Lightning Detector & WI-FI HD Display
$599.99 - Elite & WI-FI HD Display
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:48:46 AM by worachj »

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 10:34:30 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how well these units are constructed (esp. compared to Davis).  FTC should have lots of details online now.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 02:30:46 PM »
Looks like just the Atlas Elite is showing up now in the link Chief posted.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 02:44:45 PM »
On their own forum, Acurite is still declining to comment on price or any other details about the Atlas series. I suspect they asked Amazon to remove the preorder pages until they are ready to officially announce the product release.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:46:21 PM by alanb »

Offline meadowsland

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 03:44:44 PM »
Thank you for your continued interest and patience regarding the upcoming AcuRite Atlas family of products. As we are working on our product testing to ensure we deliver the best product to customers, we are also preparing for the upcoming release by updating our retail channels with product details.  Unfortunately, some of these test pages containing placeholder pricing and content were accidentally published.

We apologize for any confusion this has created. We will be sharing more details on the upcoming AcuRite Atlas products in the next few weeks through our website and this forum. As we wrote in our last update, we are doing everything we can to ensure our new AcuRite Atlas family of products performs to our expectations with the goal of exceeding your expectations with the final product.

Again, please accept our apologies and thank you for your continued patience.

Larry

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 04:04:55 PM »
my question is, will they have UV stabilised plastics and longer life stainless steel and bearings?

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 08:21:54 PM »
I think a lot of us are waiting for unanswered questions ... like ... if you calibrate the sensors, will the calibrated values be sent to WU or will it just send the raw data from the sensors?

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 08:48:36 PM »
my question is, will they have UV stabilised plastics and longer life stainless steel and bearings?
One-word translation: Reliability!

...or l-o-n-g MTBF.

Well, if they intend to charge Davis-like prices, they better have Davis-like quality.  That said, my 5-1 is going on three years now and neither rain, nor sleet nor hail or screaming hot has affected its lower class plastics.  How much longer, I dunno.  But for under a hundred bucks I can happily replace it all.

Offline benay ra'am

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 09:03:10 PM »

...or l-o-n-g MTBF.

That's true, but things do change. If these new Atlas Units go the distant of 5+ years, Davis might, might take notice, but in the mean time they are yawning like the major Auto MFG did when KIA came on the scene a number of years ago and look where they are today.

Is Acurite going to go the Distant? Who Knows, 5 years is a long time for the Number of Failures vs good units choochin' in the field. I'm hoping my Acurite system will at least go 2-3 trouble free years as long I do my part with PM.

BTY, My Vantage PRO2 is scheduled to be here tomorrow and I'll have both flags flying...................

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 09:21:49 PM »

...or l-o-n-g MTBF.

Well, if they intend to charge Davis-like prices, they better have Davis-like quality.  That said, my 5-1 is going on three years now and neither rain, nor sleet nor hail or screaming hot has affected its lower class plastics.  How much longer, I dunno.  But for under a hundred bucks I can happily replace it all.
We certainly live in a disposable society now, my PWS isn't one of them. Spending money every other year to replace something that I expect to last much longer than that is a simple waste of time and money. Even if my VP2 was falling apart at the seams now (not even close after 10+ years in the Az. sun), I'd still pick up an another VP2 before the Atlas. The VP2 continues to prove itself to me and will take more than new AcuRite to change my mind, sensors included. Just my 2 cents...

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 12:58:28 AM »
Yeah but CW2274, your VP2 will be like Triggers broom i bet, let me explain with a video lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1VNNbSYdt0
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 01:05:41 AM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 01:17:23 AM »
Yeah but CW2274, your VP2 will be like Triggers broom i bet, let me explain with a video lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1VNNbSYdt0
The only two things my VP2 has over stock is the fan and the SHT31, only because their was no such thing when I bought it, as it came with an 11. Structurally, it's exactly as I bought it, not one piece replaced.

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 01:22:32 AM »
Ive had my OS 968 since 2007, its had new anny's and outside temp still the same structure, my would deffo be up for debate
as to whether its still the same, console is mind :)

I am surprised ya bearings have lasted so long and ya reed switches for that matter  :shock:
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 01:57:57 AM »
I am surprised ya bearings have lasted so long and ya reed switches for that matter  :shock:
I was speaking only of the ISS. The anny has been replaced, but not due to mechanical failure, but due to a large flying object hitting and destroying it. It was about 6. :cry:

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 02:04:17 AM »
I feel ya....

So, in effect, it could be up for debate on the Theseus's paradox really, i mean, at what point does it stop being the same when parts
have been replaced, You say yours is not even close to failing at 10+ years, but in reality, the main items to fail have been replaced.

See what i mean, Triggers Broom, My OS is like 5 of triggers brooms lol
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 02:49:48 AM »
You say yours is not even close to failing at 10+ years, but in reality, the main items to fail have been replaced.
Ahhh, not quite. The solar panel running the fan and charging the batteries worked fine until no longer needed, the tipper, at least mechanically works fine, the transmitter, it's solar panel and subsequent super-cap are still original too. And as I've already stated, having an ISS structurally last in this brutal sun for ten summers is something lesser PWS would likely not.

anything