Author Topic: **Acurite Atlas 7/8 with FARS + Many Add-Ons Now Available** -Elite Soon?  (Read 49625 times)

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Have you seen this one yet? Looks like it will be similar to a Vantage Pro... in the image. It appears to have the anemometer built in on top with a radiation shield at an angle on the bottom of the rain gauge. Solar panels all around.

https://www.acurite.com/learn/pr/acurite-anncounces-acurite-atlas-family-of-environmental-monitoring-solutions

Atlas Elite
  • Advanced technology to track hyper-local weather conditions in real-time
    • Lightning detection, UV index/dose/intensity, rainfall, wind speed/direction, temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure
    • Professional-grade housing and instruments designed to optimize accuracy and precision
      • Separate wind anemometer and direction sensors with 30-feet of cable enable optimal placement
      • Powerful, solar-driven aspirating fan helps ensure reliable temperature readings, even when exposed to direct sunlight in extremely hot climates
      • Extra-large rain collector for superior accuracy
      • Robust design and high-grade components ensure durability
      • Replaceable components and battery banks designed for easy access
    • Tool-less installation and easy access to maintain critical components when necessary
    • Connects to the Internet via standard wireless network
    • Data shown on included digital display, and on mobile devices using My AcuRite platform
      • iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, web browser [/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l]
[/list][/list][/list]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 09:54:00 AM by DoctorKnow »

Offline Jack Bowman

• Forecaster
  • Ambient Weather WS-2000
    • KCOFORTC421 - Hanna Farm
Re: New Acurite Atlas Elitist Wx station
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 04:55:53 PM »
Looks like it is WiFI instead of using the SmartHub. Nice!
Ambient Weather WS-2000 Weather Station

Home Weather Server:
http://kcofortc421.dynu.net/WD/wx.html

Weather Underground Link:
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCOFORTC421

PWS Weather Link:
https://www.pwsweather.com/obs/KCOFORTC421.html

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 05:13:16 PM »
Looks good. Also looks like they're going squarely at Davis's market, even visually. If that's the case, I smell a VP3 in the near future (or maybe not...) :roll:

Offline tandy1000

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 05:15:07 PM »
I think there will still be a hub, based on 433mhz/915mhz:

https://prodcdn.acurite.com/media/documents/AcuRite-Sensor-Comparison-Chart.pdf

https://www.acurite.com/atlas-environmental-monitoring-solutions

Oooh, 24-hour FARS on the Elite. I just hope it will have some (official or not) way of getting the data locally.

Offline tandy1000

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 05:21:41 PM »
Looks good. Also looks like they're going squarely at Davis's market, even visually. If that's the case, I smell a VP3 in the near future (or maybe not...) :roll:

Davis had FCC filings almost a year ago for an "EnviroMonitor" but I never found anything beyond that:

https://fccid.io/IR2

I'm all for Acurite beating them in this arena, I think Davis has been resting on their laurels for far too long.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 05:27:47 PM »

I'm all for Acurite beating them in this arena, I think Davis has been resting on their laurels for far too long.
Not gonna happen. I think Davis isn't going to take a back seat to anyone that doesn't have at least RM Young on the side of it. Especially if they start taking their business.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 05:47:08 PM »
looks great but also expensive I bet!!!
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline tandy1000

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 05:49:51 PM »
Not gonna happen. I think Davis isn't going to take a back seat to anyone that doesn't have at least RM Young on the side of it. Especially if they start taking their business.

By "arena" I meant the consumer-level weather stations.. I don't think RM Young falls into that category! I think Davis is in the prosumer area, but are decidedly anti-consumer when it comes to their loggers (or blocking thereof).

I think Acurite has done well by introducing new sensors regularly and refreshing their platform. Any competition is good, looking forward to more details!

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 06:02:47 PM »

By "arena" I meant the consumer-level weather stations.. I don't think RM Young falls into that category!
Any competition is good
I understand. My point is that the natural progression from a VP2 would be RM Young, at least for me, but that's lotsa $.
Concur.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 06:12:43 PM »
I doubt this unit will be quite the price of a VP 2 or the Oregon version WMR300... It will have plenty of options though. It has the ability to have the anemometer extended off the main housing, and has the light sensor, with UV. What more could anyone want? This should help create more competition because this I have a feeling will be the one to get once we are able to order it. I have a feeling I will be trying it.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 07:54:12 PM »
Do you think that Acu-Rite designed these in-house, or did they purchase them from two different manufacturers?  My feeling from looking at the pictures is that each unit came from a different manufacturer, and neither of them look like they were designed by Acu-Rite based on their past designs.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline drew

• Shoals Weather
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 08:01:54 PM »
2 second wind and lightning updates on the Elite....nice! Will have to get one now just for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Drew Richards

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 08:56:08 PM »
barometer only updated every 12 minutes?

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 10:24:59 PM »
barometer only updated every 12 minutes?

I was wondering about that, too!  Davis is 1 minute.  Here, 12 minutes could be the total storm time as a front rolls over the lake.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 10:30:23 PM »
its not like its a battery drain problem on the indoor unit if that can be connected to the power
that could be a shot stopper for some

Offline tandy1000

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 10:43:45 PM »
I'm questioning the document's accuracy of that 12 minute spec. Looking at the raw values from my 5N1 (I guess that would be the SmartHub's baro reading, technically)   - I can see value changes within the normal 18-second temperature interval.

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 01:16:28 AM »
Hey folks, I regret that I have not been as active in this forum as I have been in the past- but as you can see- we have been listening to lots of users and we have been very busy!

These are indeed brand spanking new products from Acurite, and we are very excited about them. Our team is in Las Vegas this week to unveil these new products. Check out AcuRite.com and Stay tuned for more info later!

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 01:47:17 AM »
is there going to be like a REST API for programs to connect to? :)

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 08:03:48 AM »
A lot of enthusiasts have been wanting 24 hr FARS, and now they will have it. I also really like the solar panel for powering the sensors and the 2 second and 10 second wind update intervals, and the most favorable ability is the extension for the wind sensor, and placement away from the main housing!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 08:05:56 AM by DoctorKnow »

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 09:53:27 AM »
The critical factor here will be cost.  I'd say it will have to be 60% of a Davis to be successful.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2017, 10:24:58 AM »
The critical factor here will be cost.  I'd say it will have to be 60% of a Davis to be successful.
Hopefully they keep it affordable and not hundreds of dollars, I'd like one but im not spending big $ to get one I'll keep running what I got! 
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline sullyj

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2017, 10:56:35 AM »
Ugh, of course my new 5in1 system arrives today. Son of a diddly.

Offline tbrasel

• Contributor
    • Northwest Arkansas Weather.com
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2017, 10:59:37 AM »
You folks wishing something for nothing have correctly titled the subject to this thread!
Best Regards
tbrasel

Bentonville Arkansas, USA
Hardware: Davis 6153 - Wireless Vantage Pro2 with FARS
Software: VWS V15.00

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2017, 11:04:31 AM »
Any pictures of this??

Offline sullyj

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2017, 11:11:24 AM »
Any pictures of this??

Post #4 in this thread has some links to the documents with photos.

anything