Author Topic: Which web site?  (Read 1383 times)

Offline gone_bush

Which web site?
« on: October 21, 2016, 08:44:13 PM »
I'm just starting my weather journey and would like some advice on which weather web site(s) to upload my data to.

To keep things simple in the beginning, I'd like to concentrate on a single web site. I will consider uploading to other sites at a later stage.

So: which site should I pick as a first destination? What others should follow?

I'm located in Australia, if that is relevant.

Cheers,
Kev

Offline kmahler

• Contributor
    • KO4JY WX
Re: Which web site?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 09:08:50 PM »
I'm just starting my weather journey and would like some advice on which weather web site(s) to upload my data to.

To keep things simple in the beginning, I'd like to concentrate on a single web site. I will consider uploading to other sites at a later stage.

So: which site should I pick as a first destination? What others should follow?

I'm located in Australia, if that is relevant.

Cheers,
Kev

Hey Kev, another Kevin here. I'm also pretty new to this board but have had an Ambient Air WS-2080 running for many years. I wasn't much of a weather buff beyond just wanting to be able to see what was going on at my house when I was away. I found Weather Underground to be the most simple and reliable way to do that. Even if others here in the USA upload to a more sophisticated site, I think many also upload to Weather Underground. I don't know how popular WU is in Australia but in the USA it's pretty much what everyone I know uses even if they are not a weather buff. It's just a great weather site.

This is just my opinion, your mileage may vary. But, welcome. I hope you don't get sucked in like I have been since arriving here about 2 weeks ago. ;)

Kevin
Kevin Mahler
Skywarn Storm Spotter, AKQ3785
CWOP AV286
73 de KO4JY

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Which web site?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 09:32:08 PM »
WU is an obvious choice, but also look at weathercloud.net, it only started 2 yrs ago, but gets regular updates and keeps getting better.

anything