Author Topic: The MacWeather.net forum is closing down  (Read 7896 times)

Offline smorris

• Forecaster
    • Long Road Station
The MacWeather.net forum is closing down
« on: March 19, 2013, 08:55:47 AM »
MacWeather.net was originally created when the old Lightsoft Weather Center software business and forum went dormant. It was a place for LWC users to continue development of templates and to help new users get started. It eventually became a place for Mac weather software users of any flavor to congregate.

With the release of Trixology's WeatherCat (the re-invented LWC) last year, almost all of the LWC users moved over to the Trixology forum. Since then, participation on MacWeather.net has dwindled to one or two posts a month, and spam has increased dramatically. This morning, the forum owner decided to close MacWeather.net and redirect the URL to the Trixology forum.

I have saved several of the LWC help topics, so if anyone has anything in particular you need, let me know and I'll see if I have it.

Thanks for participating over there,
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus w/FARS, Leaf & Soil Station

CWOP • WU • AWEKAS • CoCoRaHS • Skywarn • MWWN • UK Met • PWS • WeatherBug • TwitterFacebook

Offline TheBum

Re: The MacWeather.net forum is closing down
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 02:46:02 PM »
I had no idea WeatherCat was the follow-on to LWC.  I was an LWC user for a few months after having used WeatherTracker for several years, but ended up switching to WeatherSnoop.  I can't even remember why I made that last switch, but it must have been either missing features or instability.