Author Topic: Starting from scratch--API from Davis Weatherlink-Works with Meteotemplate?  (Read 1177 times)

Offline wxviewer

Hello all,
I'm finally looking to get my own web page for my weather data up and running and someone had recommended Meteotemplate.
Trying to find out if what I have so far will come together and get the job done.
Vantage View and sending data to Weatherlink (and CWOPs).
Meteotemplate(still waiting for the token) and then of course a web hosting setup(still TBD).
Am I headed in the right direction?
Thanks in advance!
Bob

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
What program do you intend to use?
I presume you have Weatherlink so that is a starter.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
Hello all,
I'm finally looking to get my own web page for my weather data up and running and someone had recommended Meteotemplate.
Trying to find out if what I have so far will come together and get the job done.
Vantage View and sending data to Weatherlink (and CWOPs).
Meteotemplate(still waiting for the token) and then of course a web hosting setup(still TBD).
Am I headed in the right direction?
Thanks in advance!
Bob
Yes you can use you weatherlink.com v2 with MeteoTemplate. The data is downloaded from the weatherlink.com site as soon as you have installed the MT. There is a forum with multiple discussions about that, f.i.
http://www.meteotemplate.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1589&p=7760&hilit=weatherlink#p7760

You should have a "not for free" webhosting which supports PHP (and SQL for MT).
You should start with a relative inexpensive webhoster, use an inexpensive domain name, not the definitive one, learn to install and customize and then you know what you really need.   The extra domain-name you can later use as spare one to test or discard it.

Wim

P.S. 
Just for your information: There are also  at least 3 other templates to use with Weatherlink.com, other templates such as my Leuven-Template, The well known Saratoga template and the HWS-template for weatherlink.com which I also support.

Offline wxviewer

Well now its just a matter of how much to spend on web hosting! :-) And then go from there!

Offline BristolRILiveWx

• The Rudman Radar
I think meteotemplate is no longer being developed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus, Windows 7 SP1, WD 10.37S44

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
that does not mean it does not work great though
its now mature and does not need too much more done to it

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate

Thats definitely not true

Offline wxviewer

Any of you have a web hosting company you prefer? I didn't want to sink too much into it.
I used to have HostGator, but they seem to get real pricey.
And I guess since I have these questions out there, what is the minimum I should get from a hosting company for generating a site just for my Station(s)?

Offline BristolRILiveWx

• The Rudman Radar

Thats definitely not true

I stand corrected. Last I knew, Jachym, you had stopped.

Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus, Windows 7 SP1, WD 10.37S44

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Hi,
not sure where this information comes from, I have never said I stopped developing MT and that holds.

anything