Author Topic: VP2 and extra sesnors data?  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Adam H

VP2 and extra sesnors data?
« on: June 02, 2019, 06:58:59 AM »
I bought a VP2 along with two extra temp/hum sensors i'm using weatherlink software that looks so outdated.

I'm looking for a way to keep a record of the two extra sensors high and low data is there a way to do so? I have looked at the software part of the forum and see no software that logs this data and keep a record of it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 07:18:21 AM by Adam H »

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: VP2 and extra sesnors data?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 07:25:15 AM »
Open WeatherLink, click on the Help tab, click on the Index tab, type extra in the display, click Display, read all about How Extra Temperature and Humidity Readings are Logged.

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 08:25:30 AM »
If you want more from software-Look at Weather Display.

Then use VVP to run them at the same time. 

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Adam H

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 08:30:07 AM »
If you want more from software-Look at Weather Display.

Then use VVP to run them at the same time. 

After reading VVP will not work for me my console is new.

I would like to upload the extra temp data to my website but it seems there is no one software solution that can do so.  :shock:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 08:53:27 AM by Adam H »

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 09:00:42 AM »
In order to get what i want i need to use two software programs?
Despite its appearance, Weatherlink's functionality serves a broad spectrum of users and is very solid.  You can run one of the other weather programs instead of, or as chief-david mentioned, use more than one at a time by using Virtual VP (however this VVP is no longer supported and does not run for all setups).

And it as agreed by most that Weatherlink looks dated and no function additions added for years compared to third-party programs that are regularly updated and have glitzy appearances.

p.s. Cumulus weather program also logs extra sensors.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Adam H

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 09:36:00 AM »
In order to get what i want i need to use two software programs?
Despite its appearance, Weatherlink's functionality serves a broad spectrum of users and is very solid.  You can run one of the other weather programs instead of, or as chief-david mentioned, use more than one at a time by using Virtual VP (however this VVP is no longer supported and does not run for all setups).

And it as agreed by most that Weatherlink looks dated and no function additions added for years compared to third-party programs that are regularly updated and have glitzy appearances.

p.s. Cumulus weather program also logs extra sensors.

Enjoy,
Paul

I installed cumulus and it looks way better than weatherlink.

Cumulus does show my two extra sensors but how do you view the high/lows for a day/month year etc it only seems to show that for the VP2 temps and only current data for the extra sensors.

Looking at the website tags i don't see extra sensor records tag. What am i missing?

Thanks for your advice!

Virtual VP gives me a loop error so that is a no go...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 09:38:06 AM by Adam H »

Offline Herbaldew

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 10:20:38 AM »
Quote from: Adam H
Cumulus does show my two extra sensors but how do you view the high/lows for a day/month year etc it only seems to show that for the VP2 temps and only current data for the extra sensors.

I haven't seen a way to view highs/lows but you can view the logs with both Cumulus and CumulusMX.

Looking at the website tags i don't see extra sensor records tag. What am i missing?

I didn't search for the documentation, but I use Extra Temp 1.  The web tag for it is:
Code: [Select]
<#ExtraTemp1>
You could search for that and probably find the rest of them.
VP2+ Wireless - 24 hr FARS via 12v Case Fan Mod

Offline Adam H

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 12:45:51 PM »

I haven't seen a way to view highs/lows but you can view the logs with both Cumulus and CumulusMX.

I didn't search for the documentation, but I use Extra Temp 1.  The web tag for it is:
<#ExtraTemp1>
You could search for that and probably find the rest of them.

<#ExtraTemp1> only shows the current temp of the extra temp sensor.

There seems to be no tag for high/lows of monthly/daily/yearly/alltime when it comes to extra temp sensors.  #-o

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 01:18:44 PM »

There seems to be no tag for high/lows of monthly/daily/yearly/alltime when it comes to extra temp sensors.  #-o

You might try Weather Display. I don't have extra sensors but here is the results of a search on the WD forum. Extra Temperature Sensors

Offline Storm017

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2019, 01:30:23 PM »
If you want run a Linux based system (i.e. RPI3+), Weewx has what you want. 

I bought a VP2 along with two extra temp/hum sensors i'm using weatherlink software that looks so outdated.

I'm looking for a way to keep a record of the two extra sensors high and low data is there a way to do so? I have looked at the software part of the forum and see no software that logs this data and keep a record of it.

Offline Adam H

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 06:58:56 PM »
If you want run a Linux based system (i.e. RPI3+), Weewx has what you want. 

Tryed Weewx but it is over my head.

Is there a way to find the high in the cumulus extra data log file with out manually going through the hole thing?

Offline Adam H

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 09:22:08 AM »
so no one else has a green house etc they want to keep a eye on?  ](*,)

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2019, 09:51:10 AM »
This is pretty easy in Weatherlink.  I cannot speak to Cumulus.  Used it once.  Another thought - get a Meteobridge - it does it all automagically.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2019, 10:05:40 AM »
Weatherlink may not be pretty but it works. You're not entering the program for a beauty competition - it's simply a robust way of monitoring your weather data.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2019, 10:27:28 AM »
Here's a creative idea to give you some ideas (and show it can be done)  http://www.joejaworski.com/weather/#HIGHS_LOWS_DATA
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Adam H

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2019, 11:26:27 AM »
Bushman, i gave the Meteobridge route a try. I bought a TP Link mini router and the one i got Meteobridge would not work on! I got a V3 and Meteobridge needed a V2 or below so i never got to try it.

But you say Meteobridge keeps the records for extra sensors?

Weatherlink may work but i need to see them remotely.

Thanks for your advice.

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2019, 01:02:50 PM »

Is that the first time you've mentioned remotely?

Hmm, I have something that would do this for you but you'd need to upload to weatherlink.com (eg from Weatherlink for Windows) and it's not a solution that's on general release.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2019, 01:12:47 PM »
Bushman, i gave the Meteobridge route a try. I bought a TP Link mini router and the one i got Meteobridge would not work on! I got a V3 and Meteobridge needed a V2 or below so i never got to try it.

Thanks for your advice.
https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Hardware  Wich router did you get?  And yes, it tracks all the extra sensors.   https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Live_Data shows some extra sensors; I've used the ISS and two extras.  As well MB allows you to log in via a magic URL and see it from anywhere in the world.

Offline Adam H

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2019, 03:47:18 PM »

Thanks for your advice.
https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Hardware  Wich router did you get?  And yes, it tracks all the extra sensors.   https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Live_Data shows some extra sensors; I've used the ISS and two extras.  As well MB allows you to log in via a magic URL and see it from anywhere in the world.

It was a TP-Link MWR902AC that i ended up with but it was version 3.

Offline Adam H

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2019, 03:48:01 PM »

Is that the first time you've mentioned remotely?

Hmm, I have something that would do this for you but you'd need to upload to weatherlink.com (eg from Weatherlink for Windows) and it's not a solution that's on general release.

Ok what would that be?

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2019, 04:22:24 PM »
PM sent.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2019, 05:56:39 PM »
And I'm guessing that something special needs a pro subscription?

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2019, 03:39:00 AM »
And I'm guessing that something special needs a pro subscription?

No, it doesn't, at least not under the current rules. But is WLL a sign of a future shift in rules for wl.com archive data?
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

anything