Author Topic: Vantage Vue Console battery backup time with Belfryboy logger  (Read 1000 times)

Offline PraveenC31

Vantage Vue Console battery backup time with Belfryboy logger
« on: January 02, 2018, 05:49:26 AM »
Hi,

I have just received a Belfryboy logger and will be hooking it up to a raspberry pi soon. Wanted to know how long will the batteries of vantage vue console last in case of power outage with belfryboy logger connected? The raspberry pi would also be off in case of power outage so I wouldnt be uploading then, only data logging to memory inside the logger itself should continue.

Regards,
Praveen

Offline belfryboy

• Forecaster
  • waiting for the rain.....
    • Belfryboy Blog
Re: Vantage Vue Console battery backup time with Belfryboy logger
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 07:02:06 AM »
The only part of the logger that is powered from the console is the dataFlash chip itself, so it should compare well with the Davis weatherlink USB for duration. I do not have any concrete data to hand, but I believe that the chip will only be drawing current during the read/write cycles. what logging interval do you intend to use?

Offline PraveenC31

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 09:11:12 AM »
Planning to do rapidfire. So need to set logging interval accordingly.
How much is duration with weatherlink usb ? Davis states that with weatherlink IP AC power supply is mandatory.

Offline alexstaar

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 06:18:10 PM »
I had a power outage for a little over 8 days. Using a VP2 console (backlight off) and Belfryboy logger (not uploading data), it lasted the full 8 days without a problem. The batteries in the console were about 2 years old and it was giving the "Low Console Batteries" warning after the period, but it never died. Hope this helps!
-Alex

Davis 6153 VP2 with 24-hour FARS/
Davis 6250 Vantage Vue
WU: KNJMOUNT68/KSCGREER81
CWOP: FW5135/EW6390
www.uah-mcthornmoracres-weather.com

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 08:40:07 PM »
Planning to do rapidfire. So need to set logging interval accordingly.
How much is duration with weatherlink usb ? Davis states that with weatherlink IP AC power supply is mandatory.

USB (VP2 or Vue) is quoted as 9 months (with wireless), 27 days (wired) using the standard internal backup arrangement

WLIP will stop in under 1-2 days and best power supply is a battery setup on an AC charger