Author Topic: No rain rate - WMR968  (Read 2658 times)

Offline sbelmont

No rain rate - WMR968
« on: December 22, 2008, 04:04:18 PM »
I've been having instances lately when there is a light rain for no rain rate to show up, but the rain total will increase. This has been happening when only seeing the minimal .04" of rain. When it rains any heavier, the rain rate shows up. Previously any time there was rain recorded the rain rate would appear. Is this a symptom of the hardware going bad?

I first noticed this on the wunderground data for my station. I thought it may be a transmission error so I added a rain rate graph to VWS and saw the same thing. Today I confirmed it not happening on the weater station display when I saw the daily rainfall increase by .04" and the display continue showing a 0.00" rain rate.

I'm planning on doing the mod to my rain gauge at year end to increase the resolution. Wondering if there is something else I may need to do to fix this.
Steve B
WMR968

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Re: No rain rate - WMR968
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 07:09:31 PM »
Mine done some similar things before reaching it's current fail mode of not working outside when cold.
It would actually somehow compute weather to the VWS gauges but not show anything on the console.

All this seemed to be intermittent in nature .

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
CW8217

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

anything