Author Topic: Help understanding acurite sensors  (Read 1520 times)

Offline cinobyte

Help understanding acurite sensors
« on: January 20, 2015, 03:55:21 PM »
i have the 5-in-1 PRO Weather Sensor and a color display model 12154-1036RX
(Not installed yet) and i want to add a 3 in 1 sensor Model 3N1TXC / 06008RM mostly for wind speed. I understand that i can add multiple sensors but I do not understand how I will read them. Will the color display only show the wind speed of the 5 in 1 or will it only show the 3 in 1 or both? or will I have to swap back and fourth  ect ect.  I also Have the internet bridge.

second question
If i purchase the 3 in 1 that comes with a console instead of just getting a second add-on sensor would I be able to use both consoles?

I really just don't understand how they all communicate together and how i view the different sensors data.
Thanks

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Help understanding acurite sensors
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:22:43 PM »
i have the 5-in-1 PRO Weather Sensor and a color display model 12154-1036RX
(Not installed yet) and i want to add a 3 in 1 sensor Model 3N1TXC / 06008RM mostly for wind speed. I understand that i can add multiple sensors but I do not understand how I will read them. Will the color display only show the wind speed of the 5 in 1 or will it only show the 3 in 1 or both? or will I have to swap back and fourth  ect ect.  I also Have the internet bridge.

second question
If i purchase the 3 in 1 that comes with a console instead of just getting a second add-on sensor would I be able to use both consoles?

I really just don't understand how they all communicate together and how i view the different sensors data.
Thanks

Consoles are device-specific.  The 5n1 console will just show 5n1 data, the 3n1 console will just show 3n1 data.

The bridge allows you to view up to 3 sensor devices via the internet.

Offline cinobyte

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 05:16:46 PM »
Ok that makes sense. i was just looking at the sensors and i can get a 3 in 1 sensor WITH a console for the same price as just the sensor alone.

so just curious if i could do the 5n1 and its console on my desk the 3n1 and its console in the living room but both of them on the internet bridge would that be a true statement?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 05:31:46 PM »
Ok that makes sense. i was just looking at the sensors and i can get a 3 in 1 sensor WITH a console for the same price as just the sensor alone.

so just curious if i could do the 5n1 and its console on my desk the 3n1 and its console in the living room but both of them on the internet bridge would that be a true statement?

Yes. 

Offline cinobyte

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 09:02:09 PM »
great thanks for the responses